+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v St Mirren

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Why did Robson wait until the 80th minute to make a substitute when we were playing with 10 men for so long?
    Aye, that's fit struck me when Ah saw the stats ... and only two subs, when the concept o' fresh legs an' fresh ideas must surely have seemed attractive.

... also ... Watkins and a guy fa jist arrived yesterday? Unfortunately, Ah didna get tae see the second half, so ma comments might nae cairry a lot o' weight, but Ah canna see why we couldna play Duncan at some point, and maybe put Coulson on at LB and push Hayes forward ... maybe in the middle o' the Att-Mid.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Aye, that's fit struck me when Ah saw the stats ... and only two subs, when the concept o' fresh legs an' fresh ideas must surely have seemed attractive.

... also ... Watkins and a guy fa jist arrived yesterday? Unfortunately, Ah didna get tae see the second half, so ma comments might nae cairry a lot o' weight, but Ah canna see why we couldna play Duncan at some point, and maybe put Coulson on at LB and push Hayes forward ... maybe in the middle o' the Att-Mid.
    Subs were baffling, particularly as he took on Watkins.
    Watkins has done the sum total of f all this season and never looked likely to provide anything more. A complete waste of space and the only reason I presume he wasn't allowed to go to the pjms was presumably the evidence of tonight when another wage thief of a forward, who when with us did the square root of f all and then puts in a shift when he plays against us and makes out he is a wronged party. We would have been better putting on Bavidge to give him some minutes as Marley(reason enough not to play him) is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    Subs were baffling, particularly as he took on Watkins.
    Watkins has done the sum total of f all this season and never looked likely to provide anything more. A complete waste of space and the only reason I presume he wasn't allowed to go to the pjms was presumably the evidence of tonight when another wage thief of a forward, who when with us did the square root of f all and then puts in a shift when he plays against us and makes out he is a wronged party. We would have been better putting on Bavidge to give him some minutes as Marley(reason enough not to play him) is garbage.
    Watkins would hae been better replacin Miovski ... as the latter was gettin fk all as a lone striker, and is nae renowned for any kind o' contribution in the defensive half. But I agree, if we'd got more fresh legs on, with a view tae bein sharper on our left defensive side, and in the wide attackin areas, then Bavidge would hae been worth a shot up front.

(havin said that, If we'd got more fresh legs on, with a view tae bein sharper on our left defensive side, and in the wide attackin areas, then Miovski might hae looked like he was in a game )
    Last edited by NaeMairNeeps; 01-02-2023 at 11:54 PM.

Please note ... Without casting aspersions on said Marley Watkins, I did not ever cite his name, and the term 'fresh legs' together in any particular sentence.

On the issue of subs, might be he doesn't trust much of our options to change anything.
    I can't help but think we need an experienced manager to come in and pick up the players as sending off aside we look fragile as a team.
    We really need a result on Saturday to turn things around.

Have these players got it in them now to win another match before the end of the season? We are a dreadful football team. Playing a back 5 against St.Mirren at home or away is all wrong. He (Robson) admitted he had to change to a back 4 once the useless McCrorie got sent off.
    We will need a top quality manager to get something out of these incumbents that wear the strip….it’s frightening how poor we are currently.
    Let’s look on the positive though…it can only get better!

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    I didna understand this either, and we have 5 subs these days. Get fresh legs on, especially up front.

It was embarrassing watching our new defender pick up a wee injury and realising that we didna have a single replacement. 3 centre backs in the squaad - all loaners.
    Exactly,which is why the decision to let Stewart go on Tuesday was baffling.

I appreciate the guys been ****e but for all the club know these new guys could be as bad or worse.

Would have been better off keeping Stewart as backup at least then got rid in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Have these players got it in them now to win another match before the end of the season? We are a dreadful football team. Playing a back 5 against St.Mirren at home or away is all wrong. He (Robson) admitted he had to change to a back 4 once the useless McCrorie got sent off.
    We will need a top quality manager to get something out of these incumbents that wear the strip….it’s frightening how poor we are currently.
    You come out with some right shyte min
    "playing a back 5 against St Mirren" FFS your two full backs I presume are Kennedy and Hayes, not exactly defensive anti fitba is it? I am not a Robson fan but come on

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    You come out with some right shyte min
    "playing a back 5 against St Mirren" FFS your two full backs I presume are Kennedy and Hayes, not exactly defensive anti fitba is it? I am not a Robson fan but come on
    Nae point arguing with him.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I think we would have scraped a win if McCrorie hadn't been sent off, simply because St Mirren are worse, though we made them look half decent in the second half.

Agree Robson is not the answer, he put out exactly the same team Goodwin would have...back 5 with the same players bar the new defenders. They looked pretty solid but weren't helped by the rest of the team. Far too late with the subs too, legs had gone and it needed freshening up. We need someone to give our players their belief back. Clarkson is a worse player than when we signed him and that applies to Miovski and a few others. Goodwin has ruined what little talent we had.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast