+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: RIP Peter Stringfellow

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Ten? Strike pay was good then?

Brilliant H,meanwhile whilst Rod and his Dingle friends were supping faux German beer,Arthur was being spoon fed caviar and drinking the finest Champagne in his penthouse Barbican flat

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    A quid a day on't picket line in the 84 strike Marvin,i was rollin in wonga.I did alot of minesweepin in't Bier Keller. UTCB

Quid a day. I watched a documentary at the time where they were all p1ssed up after a day picketing Rod. Beer must have been cheap.

Did Arthur claim his quid a day on top of still getting his wages in full?

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Brilliant H,meanwhile whilst Rod and his Dingle friends were supping faux German beer,Arthur was being spoon fed caviar and drinking the finest Champagne in his penthouse Barbican flat
    So True. So true.

Oh Marvin's Benny's HERO. Dunt forget the Welsh,Lancs as well as Yorkshire miners Mr Beechin.How many trains aint turned up again today? UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Quid a day. I watched a documentary at the time where they were all p1ssed up after a day picketing Rod. Beer must have been cheap.

Did Arthur claim his quid a day on top of still getting his wages in full?
    No idea tha better ask Mcpigultyt's mate Blockliar he seems to know more abart the strike than me. UTCB

No idea tha better ask Mcpigultyt's mate Blockliar he seems to know more abart the strike than me. UTCB
    Bottom line is you ferked it up for other workers,who had to deal with a triumphant Maggie,after you blindly followed one mans vanity crusade,it would have never happened under a proper trade union leader like Joe Gormley

Bottom line is you ferked it up for other workers,who had to deal with a triumphant Maggie,after you blindly followed one mans vanity crusade,it would have never happened under a proper trade union leader like Joe Gormley
    Yes ok Mr Beechin,i'm suprised ya aint tried blamed Arthur for the Railways fiasco we have nar.UTCB

Yes ok Mr Beechin,i'm suprised ya aint tried blamed Arthur for the Railways fiasco we have nar.UTCB
    I just have done,that's what I meant by a triumphant Maggie,after beating you lot,she had everyone else in her sights,and nobody to stop her,it required a bit of brains and cunning to defeat her,your leader had neither.

He was on a par with David Weir,when it comes to being successful

I just have done,that's what I meant by a triumphant Maggie,after beating you lot,she had everyone else in her sights,and nobody to stop her,it required a bit of brains and cunning to defeat her,your leader had neither.

He was on a par with David Weir,when it comes to being successful
    So you're sayin every union leader had no brains either then ya plank.Tenbob millionaires like thee allowed her to continue in Government.Let's all hail the closin of the pits,Steelworks etc.England ladies have just gone 2-0 up v Russia,but at the risk of upsettin anyone,it is poor,that poor it's more entertainin chattin to thee.Russia's just scored,i'd sooner watch our Gert cookin mi tea,i'll si thi laters her work needs mi attention Toodles Mr Beechin. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 08-06-2018 at 04:33 PM.

So you're sayin every union leader had no brains either then ya plank.Tenbob millionaires like thee allowed her to continue in Government.Let's all hail the closin of the pits,Steelworks etc.England ladies have just gone 2-0 up v Russia,but at the risk of upsettin anyone,it is poor,that poor it's more entertainin chattin to thee.Russia's just scored,i'd sooner watch our Gert cookin mi tea. UTCB
    Joe Gormley took on the Tories and won,he was a shrewd clever and cunning operator.

Arthur Scargill was non of the above,and you lost.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast