+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 200 of 625 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    £14K a week type jobs ?
    nah, not quite, but then again the opposition would not have been on circa £4-5k a week either

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    His record v the pigs is atrocious and is not brought on by finances as I kept being told last night

At a rough count is it 12 games

1 win

11 defeats

4 scored

24 conceded

or have I miscounted
    Your count is wrong.
    I recall DM beating Celtic twice in the 13/14 and 15/16 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by hulldon View Post
    I may be looking at things through rose-tinted spectacles a little, especially as work and geography mean I see the team so little, but I think that yesterday's showing showed that DM is as good a manager as BR. (maybe not a great complement!?) Tactically he did something we hadn't done before against the Dhims - as far as I'm aware - in that we meant man-to-man all over the park with only Scott M as spare man. We stopped them playing out from goalie's kicks and only let Benkovic or Boyata have any time on the ball.
    He has tried this tactic before, on a few occasions actually.
    Previously BR adapted, but didn't manage to do as well yesterday.

In the game we were humped 3-0 at Pittodrie, he did the same, the problem that day was how the players implemented the tactics but more so BR's counter adjustments.

A huge difference that day as well was Nir Bitton was playing in defence for them, BR then adjusted so Lustig and Boyatta were the wide players, leaving Bitton the man with the ball in the centre to stroll out into midfield. He was far more comfortable to do so than Boyatta or Benkovic were yesterday.

I think the GMS stoppage was also a factor, it slowed up our impetus and we were not (Shinnie particularly) as defensively switched on as before the injury.
    How was it not a penalty anyway? Boyatta was clearly very late and endangering the player. Anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a foul.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I understand this given he has recently got his chance and it has come back to haunt us.
    Until he took his opportunity in the semi against Hearts, there was talk of him moving on from Celtic and who's to say if we could not have encouraged him to sign for us.

It should always be looked at how we can get the best players for Aberdeen
    I've no issue with a loan from England but to develop a player for those fckers sticks in my throat. There's probably more chance we would have signed him permanently if he's spent 18 months rotting in their reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by redday1903 View Post
    I've no issue with a loan from England but to develop a player for those fckers sticks in my throat. There's probably more chance we would have signed him permanently if he's spent 18 months rotting in their reserves.
    Maybe, but then surely signing a player rotting in the reserves would also be considered a risk.
    On that point, would you take Scott Allan.
    He can be a great player on his day, but is he consistent enough? Why didn't Hibs get him back in

Maybe, but then surely signing a player rotting in the reserves would also be considered a risk.
    He can be a great player on his day, but is he consistent enough? Why didn't Hibs get him back in
    The salient facts are.....a coach can only spend what he is given to spend, admiitedely some signings have not been a success, however, there have been some decent ones considering his budget, with this, some should have realistic viewpoint regarding the once michty......Mr Donald supported his managers to try and get to the top......

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    The salient facts are.....a coach can only spend what he is given to spend, admiitedely some signings have not been a success, however, there have been some decent ones considering his budget, with this, some should have realistic viewpoint regarding the once michty......Mr Donald supported his managers to try and get to the top......
    I fully agree.
    With our budget, some gambles need to be made.
    Its been fairly conservative gambles and while it can be said that Devlin was a success (many were not convinced and doubted his ability to recover), the same cannot yet be said of May, a similar example of signing a proven player currently injured.

The budgets between Aberdeen and Celtic are phenomenally in different leagues.
    Nothing to say , on our day we can overcome the challenge, but its not realistic to think this should be a given whenever we play against them.

Quote Originally Posted by redday1903 View Post

Also, Dons Daft...glasses are ace min. Highly recommended

Sorry I didn't quite catch that, say it again.

I presume we are speaking about the wooden pair.

If not the nicest pair of specs I've seen then definitely in the top ten, and that's going back to January 1975

I don't know about Scott Allan to be honest, I've not really paid a huge amount of attention to him when he's played against us. Maybe he's a disruptive bloke hence Hibs not bothering with him

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Utter drivel

McInnes never shut up about spending shedloads of money on moving from Pittodrie and building training facilities.
    How did he think that was going to affect his playing budget?

Page 200 of 625 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast