+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neymar

Neymar

OK so who would you most like to see "tackle" Neymar. You can pick any player from any era. I will start with Terry Butcher or Brian Stubbs.

Vinnie Jones would give him a reason to roll around that's for sure but honestly it doesn't really matter, if it was on a football pitch one of the 8 year old ball boys could brush into him and he'd do his best to get the child sent off.

Iain McCulloch about a yard behind him on the touchline, chasing back to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldmagpie View Post
    OK so who would you most like to see "tackle" Neymar. You can pick any player from any era. I will start with Terry Butcher or Brian Stubbs.
    Roy Keane, he'd really give him something to squeal and roll around at.
    Probably end up on sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by BMPie View Post
    Iain McCulloch about a yard behind him on the touchline, chasing back to defend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaW_GAIIXeI

Ron ' Chopper' Harris

Ron 'Chopper' Harris

One of these...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KeRlJJbtdHc

Benjamin Massing for Cameroon on Argentina's Caniggia. Not that I advocate violence, but I'd really enjoy seeing Neymar on the wrong end of a tackle like that!

Can't believe that no one's mentioned Norman 'bites yer legs' Hunter or Tommy Smith.

The genuine, honest to goodness, physicality has gone from the game and I hate Neymar and players of that ilk. I'd really like someone to put one on him proper for his antics.
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 03-07-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldmagpie View Post
    Good calls all.

From a Notts player's perspective Peter Russell, the only Notts player I saw sent off before the 'card system' came into being. He then chinned a spectator as he left the field! However for all round hard tackling, Tommy 'Butcher' Deans and Stubby would be ranked highly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast