+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chadli to move on?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    "Not a good word to say" You are missing the point - if I was Lai, I would think Pulis was a hero with 10th position ( could have been eighth ). Lets face it - we would never improve on the likes of Everton in 7th!

So why would Lai want to invest more. If I was him ( and I run many companies ), I would think Pulis was a feckin hero - profits are fat and the cash outlay super thin! Lai ( as would I ) would not give a flying feck about supporters who are irrelevant to the fat profits from Sky! Truth is - supporters mean not a lot especially when West Brom is not a global brand. Look no further than Bournemouth!

So back to Lai ( and myself in his shoes ) - I would be laughing or pissing myself stupid with people blaming the manager who is just a paid employee for delivering what is wanted - mid table security!

Do you get it! You are irrelevant, as am I, and anyone else! Not many can guarantee mid table security but Pulis can! Feck the entertainment says Lai ( shrewd businessman ), I invested in West Brom for profits. Entertainment is what happened in the Mowbray days where we scored three and conceded four!

Lai is the clever one and those complaining about MR X delivering mid table security are the thick ones in the owners eyes ......................
    However, this is a fan's forum not a " the greats of business forum" and as such folk on here want (well some do) entertainment. Eleven McClean's wouldn't supply that.
    Cunningham, Phillips, Johnston, Lukaku weren't noted for charging about the pitch but are bigger heroes than Owen, Wallwork, Gardner and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    However, this is a fan's forum not a " the greats of business forum" and as such folk on here want (well some do) entertainment. Eleven McClean's wouldn't supply that.
    Cunningham, Phillips, Johnston, Lukaku weren't noted for charging about the pitch but are bigger heroes than Owen, Wallwork, Gardner and the like.
    Correct. Absolutely spot on.
    The likes of Cunningham wouldn't get in a Pulis team.
    What I don't get is people who aren't bothered about entertainment. The result is the be all and end all. If that's the case why go? Why not just look for the result?
    I am truly amazed how people seem to think that Pulis will guarantee us a mid table finish.where have the been for the past six months?
    They always throw the Mowbray scenario in aswell. As if playing entertaining football automatically gets you relegated.
    Totally Baffled

So why would Lai want to invest more. If I was him ( and I run many companies ), I would think Pulis was a feckin hero - profits are fat and the cash outlay super thin! Lai ( as would I ) would not give a flying feck about supporters who are irrelevant to the fat profits from Sky! Truth is - supporters mean not a lot especially when West Brom is not a global brand. Look no further than Bournemouth!

So back to Lai ( and myself in his shoes ) - I would be laughing or pissing myself stupid with people blaming the manager who is just a paid employee for delivering what is wanted - mid table security!

Do you get it! You are irrelevant, as am I, and anyone else! Not many can guarantee mid table security but Pulis can! Feck the entertainment says Lai ( shrewd businessman ), I invested in West Brom for profits. Entertainment is what happened in the Mowbray days where we scored three and conceded four!

Lai is the clever one and those complaining about MR X delivering mid table security are the thick ones in the owners eyes ......................
    Please spare us all the bullsh*t, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Correct. Absolutely spot on.
    The likes of Cunningham wouldn't get in a Pulis team.
    What I don't get is people who aren't bothered about entertainment. The result is the be all and end all. If that's the case why go? Why not just look for the result?
    I am truly amazed how people seem to think that Pulis will guarantee us a mid table finish.where have the been for the past six months?
    They always throw the Mowbray scenario in aswell. As if playing entertaining football automatically gets you relegated.
    Totally Baffled

From March onwards when we were on the beach it was crap! Up until, then the majority of the ground could not be singing Pulis' name loud enough! So so fickle are many West Brom supporters.

It also seems there are more moans about Pulis from those who don't go to matches. If you don't go to a match - why watch a stream and still moan? Why not go to whatever you feel is more entertaining - a James Bond film perhaps or a ****o! Whatever floats your boat!

I hate Aldi but rather than whinge about it - I don't shop there! End of................................................ .

From March onwards when we were on the beach it was crap! Up until, then the majority of the ground could not be singing Pulis' name loud enough! So so fickle are many West Brom supporters.

It also seems there are more moans about Pulis from those who don't go to matches. If you don't go to a match - why watch a stream and still moan? Why not go to whatever you feel is more entertaining - a James Bond film perhaps or a ****o! Whatever floats your boat!

I hate Aldi but rather than whinge about it - I don't shop there! End of................................................ .
    No it wasn't from March it was from January. Check your FACTS our form since January places us in the bottom three. We were not on the beach our manager told us that he couldn't ask anymore from our players and they were working their socks off. I now he's a proven liar but still.
    The difference mate is i do go. I pay my money . I have the right to moan. I cannot stand Pulis never could. If i said i liked him i would be a hypocrite after what i said about him as Stoke manager. I have never song his name.

No it wasn't from March it was from January. Check your FACTS our form since January places us in the bottom three. We were not on the beach our manager told us that he couldn't ask anymore from our players and they were working their socks off. I now he's a proven liar but still.
    The difference mate is i do go. I pay my money . I have the right to moan. I cannot stand Pulis never could. If i said i liked him i would be a hypocrite after what i said about him as Stoke manager. I have never song his name.
    . Just can't see your gripe,whoever is connected to the Albion you give your full support,no if or buts.ffs I even give my support to bobby Gould.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    . Just can't see your gripe,whoever is connected to the Albion you give your full support,no if or buts.ffs I even give my support to bobby Gould.
    As did i mate and was down in Bath on that fateful day. I have never seen (or remember) in my forty years of going Albion approaching games with this mentality of not losing is better than winning. Even under Gould we were never this negative or it passed me by with the novelty of going to new gronds. It's just so bland and boring. This Pulis tenure is creating nothing in the way of memories.
    Why should i support something i know is not right or i don't agree with. I wish i could meet him. Why should we be happy or content with that drivel of football his team serves up.

As did i mate and was down in Bath on that fateful day. I have never seen (or remember) in my forty years of going Albion approaching games with this mentality of not losing is better than winning. Even under Gould we were never this negative or it passed me by with the novelty of going to new gronds. It's just so bland and boring. This Pulis tenure is creating nothing in the way of memories.
    Why should i support something i know is not right or i don't agree with. I wish i could meet him. Why should we be happy or content with that drivel of football his team serves up.

Bottom line is - you don't have to go! The majority of the supporters still want Pulis as they are realistic in that - no other fecker could do any better with the thread bare squad or investment ( or lack of it ) for new players.

Sunderland supporters will have taken Pulis in a heartbeat - they are a bigger club than West Brom and have double the crowds. Moyes did a great job at Everton but he couldn't work miracles on the lack of investment at Sunderland. Villa are a bigger club than us and did not even see them entertaining in the chumpionship - did you?

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Pulis personally, but there's no one better to keep us in the premiership. If that's a lack of ambition, then perhaps you should be directing your anger to the Board or our Chinese friend!

Fact is - Lai will want to keep the Jeremy Peace business model - spend as little as you can and get a hard on when the profits are juicy. You can't have it both ways! Even Lai is not stupid enough to know - without 80 million plus we could never catch say Everton in 7th so to him Pulis will be a hero.

Do you really think Lai will be bothered with whinges about Pulis or gates slightly dropping. Even Bournemouth know people through the turnstiles ( or lack of them ) is irrelevant with the big fat TV money.

Football has changed and I loved the likes of Willie on the wing, and Cunningham like the next person. Football now is tactical and a bit like chess. You also set up shop not to lose.

PS - with all the money that could blow West Brom away - did not see Man Utd playing ***y football last year - did you? Even many Man U supporters were bored ****less. Now with signing one player ( almost the worth of 50% ) of West Brom FC - they may be more ***y...................

Bottom line is - you don't have to go! The majority of the supporters still want Pulis as they are realistic in that - no other fecker could do any better with the thread bare squad or investment ( or lack of it ) for new players.

Sunderland supporters will have taken Pulis in a heartbeat - they are a bigger club than West Brom and have double the crowds. Moyes did a great job at Everton but he couldn't work miracles on the lack of investment at Sunderland. Villa are a bigger club than us and did not even see them entertaining in the chumpionship - did you?

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Pulis personally, but there's no one better to keep us in the premiership. If that's a lack of ambition, then perhaps you should be directing your anger to the Board or our Chinese friend!

Fact is - Lai will want to keep the Jeremy Peace business model - spend as little as you can and get a hard on when the profits are juicy. You can't have it both ways! Even Lai is not stupid enough to know - without 80 million plus we could never catch say Everton in 7th so to him Pulis will be a hero.

Do you really think Lai will be bothered with whinges about Pulis or gates slightly dropping. Even Bournemouth know people through the turnstiles ( or lack of them ) is irrelevant with the big fat TV money.

Football has changed and I loved the likes of Willie on the wing, and Cunningham like the next person. Football now is tactical and a bit like chess. You also set up shop not to lose.

PS - with all the money that could blow West Brom away - did not see Man Utd playing ***y football last year - did you? Even many Man U supporters were bored ****less. Now with signing one player ( almost the worth of 50% ) of West Brom FC - they may be more ***y...................
    No the bottom line is. They don't have to play that way.
    No i'll go mate and i'll say if we play rubbish win,lose or draw.
    So you speak for the majority now do you ? I don't think so.
    Almost every single post you use the words Bournemouth or Sunderland or Defoe. I know how football works and the money behind it. Do you think i'm stupid ?
    That's no excuse for parking the bus against Middlesbrough both times.

Now address the point of us having bottom three form since January (not March). Unable to score or keep a clean sheet. Then convince me Pulis will get us to mid table.

We did most certainly not park the bus vs Middlesbrough away, we created several or indeed many good chances, but as so often, lacked class in front of goal. A very entertaining draw between two teams going forward, but (almost) unable to score.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)