+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The gaffer

Quote Originally Posted by qosdreamer View Post
    I think the question the board have to ask is have we improved in the 18 months Gary Naysmith has been in charge.Can we trust him to take the team for another season?My answer.Please no.
    Watch the space.....Should be interesting over the close season....

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I'm sure they will be ruthless unless they're no longer at the helm. The whole JT scenario is ridiculous also.

The JT scenario was brought on by the man himself, Queens had no other option

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    The JT scenario was brought on by the man himself, Queens had no other option
    What was he actually up to?

Quote Originally Posted by qosdreamer View Post
    I think the question the board have to ask is have we improved in the 18 months Gary Naysmith has been in charge.Can we trust him to take the team for another season?My answer.Please no.
    Very telling and honest as ever interview with Naysmith where he clearly accepts responsibility for the teams failings with the crowds negative response at half time actually saying he would have reacted the same way. So what does he do now rather that what he has done previously? Based upon recent games and the players performance on the pitch-nothing! The BoD clearly need to have a serious discussion with the manager before the season ends and players are either let go with others recruited. Something has to fundamentally change and soon. He is clearly drinking in the last chance saloon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Very telling and honest as ever interview with Naysmith where he clearly accepts responsibility for the teams failings with the crowds negative response at half time actually saying he would have reacted the same way. So what does he do now rather that what he has done previously? Based upon recent games and the players performance on the pitch-nothing! The BoD clearly need to have a serious discussion with the manager before the season ends and players are either let go with others recruited. Something has to fundamentally change and soon. He is clearly drinking in the last chance saloon.
    I know from your posts that you are not someone to overreact so I found your comments on Naysmith very telling. Queens really can't afford to pay off GN and DA and then get another boss and assistant in. To be honest I'm not certain that anyone else could do better if you compare the resources other teams in our league have . Naysmith needs to make a difference here to help him move on to a bigger club ( and the two of them wouldn't think twice if said bigger club came in) I put this point to Anderson and so know its true . So, I reckon we are stuck with each other in the meantime , life a loveless marriage with too much to lose. Maybe the ideal situation would be for another club to approach them both in the summer so we don't pay compo. What is certain is that interest in our dear club is fading slowly but surely and when something isn't working then something needs to change. If our appalling home form was better then possibly we would be looking forward with more hope.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 08-04-2018 at 11:59 AM.

http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?...queen-of-south

Second bottom of the form table. 8 points from the last 8 games, so that's like 8 draws.

Joint third best offensively with 50 goals scored with Dunfermline

Second worst defensively with 52 goals conceded.

Third worst home form ahead of Dumbarton and Brechin City

Fourth best away form behind Livingston, Greenock Morton and St Mirren

I still reckon Queens will finish Seventh, although disappointing in the fact the club had been in the Top Six all season.

Inverness should pass Queens now and Falkirk have still to play St Mirren twice (home and away) and play Dumbarton, Inverness and Dundee United away.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I know from your posts that you are not someone to overreact so I found your comments on Naysmith very telling. Queens really can't afford to pay off GN and DA and then get another boss and assistant in. To be honest I'm not certain that anyone else could do better if you compare the resources other teams in our league have . Naysmith needs to make a difference here to help him move on to a bigger club ( and the two of them wouldn't think twice if said bigger club came in) I put this point to Anderson and so know its true . So, I reckon we are stuck with each other in the meantime , life a loveless marriage with too much to lose. Maybe the ideal situation would be for another club to approach them both in the summer so we don't pay compo. What is certain is that interest in our dear club is fading slowly but surely and when something isn't working then something needs to change. If our appalling home form was better then possibly we would be looking forward with more hope.
    JR at the recent "meet the management" event it was my question that asked them to appraise their performance on the whole since taking over in the beginning of December 2016 and by the reaction of both Naysmith and Anderson it was clear that they thought that they could do better. Ultimately it will be a Board decision and the diminishing crowds cannot be allowed to continue if we are to retain full time football at Queens. Therefore if there is not an improvement in the product we see every other week at Palmerston then they will have no option but to act in an attempt to turn around the attendance numbers and I envisage that the management will have been made aware of this otherwise the board are not doing their job. I would give them the first couple of months of the new season to turn around the fortunes or changes will then be necessary at whatever cost to the club that would entail.

Fair enough Spike. I think we all know the players worth keeping a hold of some hopefully we can make ' canny' signings to complement them.

I mentioned in an earlier post that changing the manager is not always the answer, but changing the way the manager manages might be a better option. After Saturday's completely inept first half performance, it is essential that Mr. Naysmith evaluates his managing style, accepts criticism and advice from all quarters and plans a strategy for next season which completely changes the way he sets out his stall.

It is easy to be critical, but for a start why was there no emotion shown from our management team while standing on the touchline? The players and managers were so chilled out they looked as though they had been smoking cannabis before the game! Furthermore, their attitude was rubbing off on the home support, who quite frankly looked comatose, while the drummer was in a trance, completely unable to raise his drumstick.

In other threads we question why crowds are down, - is it any wonder? In the entertainment industry it is imperative to entertain, and as such Queen of the South FC are in breach of that fundamental requirement. If you had gone to the circus or the theatre and that same lacklustre approach had been adopted, - you would have been perfectly entitled to a refund.

I spoke to someone at half time, - who had travelled all the way from Plymouth, (yes Plymouth) to watch Queen of the South, (just because he loves the name) and I had to apologise on behalf of the club for the lack of effort shown by everyone in blue.

So I'm not asking for the BOD to change the manager, or for the manager to resign, - but my God, I would expect at the very least the players to give 100% on the pitch for 90 minutes (not 75 or 80 as Naysmith feels they should be aiming for in his interview on Radio Scotland this morning) - so that the punters who pay their hard earned cash at the turnstiles feel as though they've got value for money.

Highly talented individuals strutting across a pitch, looking as though they are going through the motions will not entice anyone to Palmerston, and why on average 1000 to 1200 bother every other week, is beyond my comprehension.

There is no need for pretence: Saturday was a debacle and most of the home performances this season have been pretty poor to say the least over the entire 90 minutes, with the team performing at above average for about 45 minutes each game and decidedly awful for the rest of the time.

It's time to radically change that Mr. Naysmith, - and you as the manager must make that your number one priority, because after all that is what you are paid handsomely to do.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)