+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Giving up on something you love

Davy500 you astonish me. I and most recent followers of Notts County really care. The man conned hundreds of pensioners out of their hard earned money including people who fought in the war so we may have a free and decent life. So I for one really care and will not be pouring a penny of my money into the hands of a common disgusting crook and his cohorts. Think carefully My Hardy, your reputation is in pieces, what you do next will define your future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    It isn't similar at all, the conviction for a carefully planned fraud suggests these people are likely to commit fraud again. How would that contribute in any way to their ability to successfully run Notts as a football club?

Hughes, on the other hand, committed an unplanned offence. Maybe he's more likely to do something like that again than most, but it didn't impact on his ability to play football.

OK, the moral point I grant you, but there is something despicable about robbing from pensioners.
    Unplanned? He got into a car after being on the piss all night, smashed into another car, killing or seriously injuring 2 of the occupants, and then ran away and hid, hoping not to be found until he sobered up. This is with already having a previous conviction for drunk driving.

This guy is a convicted fraudster, but you’re doing some serious mental gymnastics if you think he’s less suited to be at the club than Lee Hughes. I’m saying I wouldn’t stay away from games because he’s a fraudster, I’m saying I would stay away if he and his group put a crap football team on the pitch. And history suggests most football fans, either consciously or unconsciously, feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I don't believe it is possible to give up on something you love, the love dies first and then you give up...I think.
    I think that's spot on.

I have requested my season ticket money be refunded unless the club stops negotiating with convicted fraudsters. No response yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    I have requested my season ticket money be refunded unless the club stops negotiating with convicted fraudsters. No response yet.
    Please keep us updated , as it will be interesting to hear the response from the club if there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Who cares what May has or has not done. As long as he puts money into Notts, and we have good players. I am sick of all this childish behaviour of when somebody has done a crime that they should be punished forever

Notts County are not in a position to be choosy

I do not give a rats arse who takes over the club, as long as somebody does

Otherwise if nobody does, we are pretty much finished anyway
    Disgusting !

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Unplanned? He got into a car after being on the piss all night, smashed into another car, killing or seriously injuring 2 of the occupants, and then ran away and hid, hoping not to be found until he sobered up. This is with already having a previous conviction for drunk driving.

This guy is a convicted fraudster, but you’re doing some serious mental gymnastics if you think he’s less suited to be at the club than Lee Hughes. I’m saying I wouldn’t stay away from games because he’s a fraudster, I’m saying I would stay away if he and his group put a crap football team on the pitch. And history suggests most football fans, either consciously or unconsciously, feel the same.
    You really are naive if you think May would do any good for Notts on or off the pitch. Is a convicted fraudster going to invest in a team? Of course not. Its a con, and we were nearly duped, again. People have short memories. The Munto season started with an amazing feeling that finally we would be properly backed by real investors, and quickly turned into a nightmare for supporters as soon as we realised something dodgy was going on. We nearly went bust until Ray Trew stepped in. He got lucky in appointing Cotters which saved our season. Its probably still the Munto debt which is crippling the club.

There are only two ways out - wealthy backers who will clear the debts and invest in the Club, or admin followed by a new owner with the cash to sustain the Club. May doesn't fit either scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

There's some seriously flawed logic there, of course Lee Hughes didn't plan to be in a road traffic accident.

The fraud, however, was meticulously planned, and quite clever in a way. Do you not think that might possibly suggest that they could be planning some similar money making scam at our expense? You would have to be very naive indeed not to consider that. Do you actually respond to those emails telling you you have inherited millions from someone's estate?

Its all a pretty amateur fraud. Munto did a great fraud. These guys got caught out by the Daily Mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Its all a pretty amateur fraud. Munto did a great fraud. These guys got caught out by the Daily Mirror.
    The pensioners scam was quite clever though.

Alick Kapikanya led a gang of con artists who stole the identities of elderly homeowners, secretly seized ownership of their houses and then repeatedly remortgaged them.

Apparently, he wasn't just an advisor on this one.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast