+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So despite all the doom and gloom after Hull...

So despite all the doom and gloom after Hull...

It’s back in our own hands.

Cardiff have beaten Bristol today so now we’re 2 points off the play-offs with a game in hand of all the teams around us, was Hull just a very bad day at the office and can we push on from here starting at Reading? It seems that it’s not just United who are having the collywobbles and let’s be right, there’s been a game like Hull in just about every one of our promotion campaigns, last year was the exception.

What’s the general view? Can we still do it even after Wilder’s comments, or like I’ve heard some Blades say, would we be better to build on this season and go again with a stronger squad? I think that’s dangerous personally because there’s no guarantee we’d have a stronger squad or even if we have that we’d get another chance like this anytime soon. Just look across the city.

Thats one win in 10 for Bristol City

While there's a chance, we have to go for it. But we also have to accept that if we fall short, then we've still done brilliantly, and we don't need any bloodletting or blame casting. Onwards and upwards...

Its been a crazy weekend in the Championship, save for our neighbours who are consistent, I will give them that, consistently ****e.

We need a reaction at Reading, it is still on for me .

Credit to the Pork, yet another hard-fought 2-4 draw maintaining their place in the table. No wonder they’re so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Credit to the Pork, yet another hard-fought 2-4 draw maintaining their place in the table. No wonder they’re so happy.
    Did they throw their shirts into the crowd at the final whistle?

Cardiff are on a right run,be a right tussle between them and Villa for that 2nd spot,

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Did they throw their shirts into the crowd at the final whistle?

Cardiff are on a right run,be a right tussle between them and Villa for that 2nd spot,
    Villa may have more money, but Cardiff have the better manager (IMHO)

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Villa may have more money, but Cardiff have the better manager (IMHO)
    Both are very good at getting teams out of the Championship Ronald,if I was a betting man I would put a shiny sixpence on Villa.

I have a very good idea what happens to Sheff Utd and games in hand and a play off spot.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    I have a very good idea what happens to Sheff Utd and games in hand and a play off spot.

Pretend Friday was the game in hand CBB.

Wonderful first season back

But the idea of at least two players competing for one place only really works if the players have the same qualities and then the system of play remains settled game after game

I've never understood the term "He gives us something different"

Do Barcelona go out and sign a 6 foot 7" centre forward because he offers something different ?

It's a bit of an extreme analogy but no, they sign players that are talented enough to play to their unique style.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast