+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 410 of 625 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420460510 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

Patterson never even got sacked when he was too hungover to show up for a game,.
    I don't think its that easy to sack someone with dependency issues. His cards were marked from then on but Milne wouldn't have been able to sack him unless it was breach of contract. Do you reckon there was a "int the event of being pished and nae coming to work...." clause. I highly doubt it as Milne hadn't done his homework on the c@nt prior to employing him as it was common knowledge in fitba he was a reprobate

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I don't think its that easy to sack someone with dependency issues. His cards were marked from then on but Milne wouldn't have been able to sack him unless it was breach of contract. Do you reckon there was a "int the event of being pished and nae coming to work...." clause. I highly doubt it as Milne hadn't done his homework on the c@nt prior to employing him as it was common knowledge in fitba he was a reprobate
    I’m pretty sure it was a breach of contract.

His job was to manage the team, he couldn’t make it to the game because he was out on the piss the night before.

Most clubs would have sacked him that day.

Sorry afcmad1903 but that official mondo approved banter stamp is copyrighted. You owe me 17 priority points as royalties. Feel free to manufacture your own afc1903mad banter stamp for keeping the patter slick but I feel no one will take it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Sorry afcmad1903 but that official mondo approved banter stamp is copyrighted. You owe me 17 priority points as royalties. Feel free to manufacture your own afc1903mad banter stamp for keeping the patter slick but I feel no one will take it seriously.
    You deserved the award but clearly are not vain enough to give it to yourself.
    Somebody had to appreciate your wit.

Aside from the fact that Milne is highly unlikely to ever sack McInnes, the whole argument that grinds my gears is the "aaaah, remember how bad it was under McGhee etc"...

It might get worse if we sack McInnes - that's a fact.
    It might get better.
    no-one knows.
    There are no guarantees either way.

But if the whole argument for keeping McInnes is "remember McGhee", or "be careful what you wish for, it could get worse" then it's a pretty negative outlook, and we'll never progress.
    What is patently obvious is that we are not improving under McInnes, it looks like it's a slow and persistent regression with no sign of that regression being arrested.
    Surely THAT is the sole reason for saying "thanks Derek, but your time here is up".

So if the general concensus is get rid of McInnes
    Has anyone names of legitimate potential replacement
    No ex SPFL dross or current SPFL managers please

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Shouldn't we wait to see who applies?

To answer your question, in the highly unlikely event McInnes leaves any time soon, the pr!ck in charge will not look outside the box...

He'd be looking at Derek Adams (free and no compensation), Stephen Robinson (not a good idea) - folk like that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Aside from the fact that Milne is highly unlikely to ever sack McInnes, the whole argument that grinds my gears is the "aaaah, remember how bad it was under McGhee etc"...

It might get worse if we sack McInnes - that's a fact.
    It might get better.
    no-one knows.
    There are no guarantees either way.

But if the whole argument for keeping McInnes is "remember McGhee", or "be careful what you wish for, it could get worse" then it's a pretty negative outlook, and we'll never progress.
    What is patently obvious is that we are not improving under McInnes, it looks like it's a slow and persistent regression with no sign of that regression being arrested.
    Surely THAT is the sole reason for saying "thanks Derek, but your time here is up".
    Going by the managers Milne has appointed I would say there is a far greater chance it will be worse than better.

As long as Milne is in charge we will never improve,I still don’t understand why people cant see that.

Shelf life gets brought up a lot in regards to McInnes which is fair enough considering it’s coming up for 7 years since he was appointed.

But the same goes for Milne,20 odd years is a long time to be the chairman.

If we are ever going to improve as a club the change needs to be made at the very top first,then the new man can give McInnes the boot and replace him.

Milne is only going to replace him with another Scottish manager who is just as bad or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    As mentioned on the other "What if DM is ousted" thread.
    It will be Paul Sheerin and Barry Robson to replace DM and the Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Its very easy to sack someone with "dependancy issues" if they have never sought help for it or declared it to their employer and asked for help to deal with their problem. You cant go claiming youve got a drink problem after the issue has caused you to fail to meet your obligations to your employer. That card can only be played before something goes wrong at work.

Getting pished & not turning up for work in a case like Pele's & in the high profile circumstances under which it happened is about as clear cut a case of Gross Misconduct as you will ever see.

The fact the club didnt fire him can be viewed in two ways - either you think the club showed a huge amount of sympathy and understanding to a guy who clearly had issues, or you think they completely failed to set the right tone and make the correct example of a guy who held a position of huge influence and responsibility but was hopless at his job as well as being a hopeless jakey & who had shown his employer & staff zero respect with the way he acted.

I prefer the second view myself. It was basically yet another example of how incredibly low Milne sets the bar when it somes to expectations of attitude, behavoiur and delivery of results at the club.

McGoo surviving 9-0 wasnt far behind...
    Last edited by The_Moog; 17-09-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Page 410 of 625 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420460510 ... LastLast