+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/K I'll come out

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I truly think it’s not comparable because of the physical element. There’s no reason women shouldn’t be able to compete at the same level of darts or snooker one day. Horse racing is already happening but physical sports are different. Boxing? Football, rugby? No chance.
    Tend to agree. Even in darts, in the modern era most of the best players are quite tall, and have a long reach reach -it's a big advantage throwing the dart from a few inches closer to the board

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    As a matter of interest , at what level of our own tiers of football ( male) would you guys put the top 5 women's international teams?
    Evostik league standard at best.

What I meant was if they played against a men’s team , what tier would they be expected to give a decent account of themselves?

What I meant was if they played against a men’s team , what tier would they be expected to give a decent account of themselves?
    Pontefract Sunday League

I see refs bottle it even in the Ladies game,that second USA penalty never.

The diving has started.

I think they would be quite low down. Could Maltby Main beat England Women? I would say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    I think they would be quite low down. Could Maltby Main beat England Women? I would say yes.
    It's a bit of a moot point because I doubt it will ever happen but I think they would beat most teams at Maltby Main's level just because of fitness.

It's the same with tennis and all the hype over the Billie Jean King match years ago. A top woman's tennis player like Serena Williams would beat most men, the exception to the 'most' probably being those in the world's top 500-1000.

At the end of the day women's football a different 'product' so playing the comparison game is always going to see it lose. I'd say view it for what it is, an alternative to watching the men's game, or if it doesn't float your boat, turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It's a bit of a moot point because I doubt it will ever happen but I think they would beat most teams at Maltby Main's level just because of fitness.

It's the same with tennis and all the hype over the Billie Jean King match years ago. A top woman's tennis player like Serena Williams would beat most men, the exception to the 'most' probably being those in the world's top 500-1000.

At the end of the day women's football a different 'product' so playing the comparison game is always going to see it lose. I'd say view it for what it is, an alternative to watching the men's game, or if it doesn't float your boat, turn it off.

In women’s tennis it helps if you have the physique of a mountain gorilla

A shame it’s on Friday night because I’ll be out and miss it. But France v USA will be a cracker.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast