+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Odds 18-19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt5cott View Post
    Nice to see bookmakers actually getting a shoeing for once, not only did many pile in at 7/1 then 6/1 on the Notts win but SakyBet put a price boost of 16/1 on Notts + BTTS

Odds on avoiding the drop now seems to have established itself as a market.

Pre FGR SakyBet offered 4/1 on avoiding the drop, I don't think this offered value given that you could get 7/1 on the Notts win, which was realistically the only result that would shorten* the odds.
    Fast forward to this week and it's now 7/4 (2.75) at both Saky and Paddy to avoid the drop, again I think this isn't a value bet, if Notts fail to pick up any points the odds to avoid the drop will lengthen* probably back to 3 or 4/1 again, whilst a Notts to win or draw vs Stags is 21/20 (2.05)

Each to their own of course, you'd have to be a brave man betting on Notts to win at 7/2 (4.50) Given they never seem to show up! Saky have again boosted the Notts win and BTTS, 8/1 this time, regardless of the terrible Notts derby form I'd imagine a few with winnings will be repeating this Notts+BTTS that blew the doors off at FGR.

Shorten = decrease the odds.
    Lengthen = increase the odds.
    I didn't really understand any of that . . . what is BTTS?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I didn't really understand any of that . . . what is BTTS?
    Both teams to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Both teams to score.
    Thanks Elite, obvious I suppose!