+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    King on loan to raith is good for him and us. Edwards maybe leaving wtf? worst still Shankland has dropped from hottest scottish goalscorer to not even a peep. Milwall thing is rubbish. This squad could take us down if the confidence goes we cant rely on fuchs being are main player. I do think we will survive but this has been torture. I long since agreed with OA that moroton away in the days of mckinnon was the worst it could get. well been a dozen or more games this season where thats been replaced.

we have been badly run for a long time. and its not improving.

and its not all Neilsons fault btw
    The only thing good about Morton away was the burger van behind the goal and a good pysh up,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The only thing good about Morton away was the burger van behind the goal and a good pysh up,FACT.
    oh aye loved the cheeseburger and wee pub next door. Witnessed more than a few slippages on the old benches though. But thats the SAS for you

live not to far from Greenock but never once did i drive through. loved the fact maybe 25% of arabs didnt actually leave pub to goto game lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    King on loan to raith is good for him and us. Edwards maybe leaving wtf? worst still Shankland has dropped from hottest scottish goalscorer to not even a peep. Milwall thing is rubbish. This squad could take us down if the confidence goes we cant rely on fuchs being are main player. I do think we will survive but this has been torture. I long since agreed with OA that moroton away in the days of mckinnon was the worst it could get. well been a dozen or more games this season where thats been replaced.

we have been badly run for a long time. and its not improving.

and its not all Neilsons fault btw
    It isn't all his fault, no. Asghar has a hell of a lot to answer for as well. Between the two of them they've signed a large majority of the duds in this squad that mean we can't afford to make any signings this window. The most concerning thing for me at the time wasn't the signing of these players to win us The Championship, it was the fact we'd deemed them good enough to then keep us in the Premiership by giving them such lengthy contracts. Then if that wasn't bad enough Asghar dishes out a 2 year extension to Harkes when we were managerless with Connolly joining him shortly after. Granted MM was in the door by then, but he hadn't even seen the boy kick a football for the club. MM hasn't exactly set the heather on fire with his signings either mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    It isn't all his fault, no. Asghar has a hell of a lot to answer for as well. Between the two of them they've signed a large majority of the duds in this squad that mean we can't afford to make any signings this window. The most concerning thing for me at the time wasn't the signing of these players to win us The Championship, it was the fact we'd deemed them good enough to then keep us in the Premiership by giving them such lengthy contracts. Then if that wasn't bad enough Asghar dishes out a 2 year extension to Harkes when we were managerless with Connolly joining him shortly after. Granted MM was in the door by then, but he hadn't even seen the boy kick a football for the club. MM hasn't exactly set the heather on fire with his signings either mind you.
    Maybe its just my ignorance mate but when i look at other teams from Livi down i don't even know who most of their players are as i watch them running rings around us.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Clark is bizzare to me. Either i had him totally wrong when we signed him or hes been given a thankless task of playing in a role thats not suited to him.

... Is he actually meant to be a 10 or a link up man?? Ill hold my hands up and say i watched very little of him for Rangers and Dunfernline but i thought when he signed he would be a poacher, someone who would play in a 2, maybe on the shoulder of a defender or even a poacher grabbing tap ins from inside the 6 yard box for us. Of course thats my bad for assuming based on very little knowledge of him.

If he is actually a link up player then how the hell has he managed to make a career of it as hes not very good at it. He wasnt even good at it in the campionship let alone at this level.... BUT he does score goals so surely we could find a role for him to do that or at the very least he is a sub to throw on to grab a goal when we are pushing for one (lol when did we last look like we were pushig for a goal)
    Clark is and should be used as an impact subby striker. He won't like that but that is where we will get the best out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Maybe its just my ignorance mate but when i look at other teams from Livi down i don't even know who most of their players are as i watch them running rings around us.
    Pretty simple explanation imo, other teams put players on the pitch in their best positions to do what they're naturally good at.
    Mellon puts our players onto the pitch in unnatural positions to do what he thinks they should be good at in whatever formation he's dreamed up

I'm seeing it every week, players start off doing what Mellon wants but then drift into what is natural for them, they then remember or Mickey barks out to make them, they go oh shyt and go back to being a false version of themselves.

As an example, Shankland's lay offs and flicks are because he expects the version of the player he used to do that with to be there.
    The player who should be there is busy in a role that he is unsure of.

Mellon needs to play the system which suits the strengths of the players he has.
    There's a squad there somewhere and right now he has to give exhuberence of youth a chance along with pulling players out of form, Mochrie cannot be any worse than Clark in midfield, Sporle cannot be any worse than Robson.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Clark is and should be used as an impact subby striker. He won't like that but that is where we will get the best out of him.
    Yet 8 of his 10 goals this season have been when he's started.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Pretty simple explanation imo, other teams put players on the pitch in their best positions to do what they're naturally good at.
    Mellon puts our players onto the pitch in unnatural positions to do what he thinks they should be good at in whatever formation he's dreamed up

I'm seeing it every week, players start off doing what Mellon wants but then drift into what is natural for them, they then remember or Mickey barks out to make them, they go oh shyt and go back to being a false version of themselves.

As an example, Shankland's lay offs and flicks are because he expects the version of the player he used to do that with to be there.
    The player who should be there is busy in a role that he is unsure of.

Mellon needs to play the system which suits the strengths of the players he has.
    There's a squad there somewhere and right now he has to give exhuberence of youth a chance along with pulling players out of form, Mochrie cannot be any worse than Clark in midfield, Sporle cannot be any worse than Robson.
    We've been playing the same formation almost the entire season. Does it not say something to you about the players if, after 28 games, they still haven't figured out what they should be doing? There's three guys who should be defending their 18 yard box. There's two guys who should be helping them out in defence but bombing up the line in attack. There's another three guys who should be protecting the middle of the park, helping out the defence when needed and linking attack when required and there's two strikers. A professional footballer I am not, but that doesn't sound too difficult to me.

Remember Jim Duffy explaining that during an interview. A manager looks at his players and plays a system where they’re comfortable and can do what they are best at.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    We've been playing the same formation almost the entire season. Does it not say something to you about the players if, after 28 games, they still haven't figured out what they should be doing? There's three guys who should be defending their 18 yard box. There's two guys who should be helping them out in defence but bombing up the line in attack. There's another three guys who should be protecting the middle of the park, helping out the defence when needed and linking attack when required and there's two strikers. A professional footballer I am not, but that doesn't sound too difficult to me.
    Let's agree to differ here, how many times have we seen our strikers back deep in own half chasing? Mind you I suppose Shanks wouldn't have got goal of the season so far if he wasn't doing that, me I'd prefer him to be scoring from inside the box but hey.
    As for midfielders helping out defence when needed, how is Clark the man for that?
    Why are we allowing the opposition's tallest to line up against our smallest at set pieces?

We have no pace in our game, no zip in tackles and run out of ideas.
    Formations are changing whether you believe it or not, I hate to say it but I put the blame at Mickey"s door, he needs to fix it and fast.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)