+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there anyone on BLADESmad

Is there anyone on BLADESmad

Other than me that thinks we've done well this season,whether we mek the play offs(Highly unlikely) or not? Cos all we seem to get is negativety on here.I've enjoyed this season in the main,yes after the wonderful start we had our form's dropped but i still think we've had a good season and played some luvly football.I await the, Your a thick clapper responces wi baited breath.UTCB

Me Rod...but I'm away with the fairies 😛

been a great season no doubt about it i think the slight dissapointment is that we couldnt maintain our early season form but dont forget were a work in process imo just hope chris gets the backing he deserves this summer

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Other than me that thinks we've done well this season,whether we mek the play offs(Highly unlikely) or not? Cos all we seem to get is negativety on here.I've enjoyed this season in the main,yes after the wonderful start we had our form's dropped but i still think we've had a good season and played some luvly football.I await the, Your a thick clapper responces wi baited breath.UTCB
    Life is all about the 'if-only' isn't it Rod? I've enjoyed us overall. We've always got a mistake in us, and we haven't been as effective as a team since November, but overall, its been a great achievment with the squad we have to be still in with a mathematical chance with three games to go.

I do realise, in saying that I've got a lot of pleasure from seeing my team play, that this makes me a thick clapper and 'part of the problem' too, although no-one ever gave me a convincing reason why that is. (Thats not a challenge or an invitation, btw. I don't care...)

Another step forward, entertaining football, most pulling in the same direction. Are we the finished product? "No" but it's a million miles better than a few years ago when we were going backwards each year. Back him and CW will get us to the promised land.

Considering where we’ve come from over the past few years, and considering where we get most of our players from, I think we have had a remarkably good season.
    However, I am disappointed that this year’s U18’s do not look as good as previous years. I fear we will strongly regret letting Mark Grayson defect to the dark side. This happened before CW arrived, but already you can see how their juniors have improved while ours have gone backwards. I hope I am wrong, but doubt that I am.

It is interesting how different people, see the same thing. Rod is a “glass 80% full” sort of bloke (100% full with his domestic bliss), whereas SBT appears to be a “glass 20% full” type (I’ve no idea about his private life). I’m somewhere in the middle, but having kept supporting United all these years, including Division 4, I suppose I am more inclined to Rod & Aya’s point of view.
    I am certainly aware that running a professional football club, dealing with very rich players and extremely rich agents, is a lot more difficult that many supporters can begin to imagine. It isn’t a computer game.
    In the end, we all want the same thing. How best to get there is a matter of opinion - not fact.
    UTB!!!

I think some of the negativity is born out of the disappointment that we all know we should be comfortabley in the play-offs by now and we’ve chucked away too many points. We can give just about any team in the division a game but we’ve lacked a bit of ruthlessness up front and focus at the back.

If our first season back in the Championship had been turned on it’s head and we’d started slowly and finished strong like Millwall have there wouldn’t be any negatives whatsoever now, so as often happens raising supporter’s expectations and then falling away can cause a negative reaction. It’s normal and I bet the Millwall fans would feel just the way we do in our shoes.

That said, while some fans (like me) are I think quite rightly pointing out where and why they think our form has dropped off, I don’t think that I know any single Blade who is asking for Wilder’s head or doesn’t back him 100% as our best manager in decades. They’ve all been surprised how well we’ve equipped ourselves at this level and have been happy with the style football we’ve played most of the time, but that doesn't stop us wanting more and maybe having the gut feeling we have thrown a great chance away because Wilder wasn’t backed in January and it was down to ownership squabbles.

So it’s been a 7/10 season for me and it could still be a 8 or even a 10, unlikely as it may seem, but we can’t just sit back and clap away if we see things that aren’t right. Different Blades have different ways of getting their points across but everyone of them positive or negative is born out of love for our club.

I think we’ve got a great thing going with Chris with but as always with United, we’re waiting for somebody upstairs to pull the rug from under his feet and fear he’ll leave. Anybody who doesn’t think that our owners are our weakest link (again) and main barrier to this club’s success must have been living on Fuller’s Earth for the past 50 years. UTB

Great post Gray.

CW raised expectations with the great start, we haven't quite fulfilled those expectations so opinions polarise to 2 extremes

1) done well for a low budget promoted team , great lads battling against all the odds, all wonderful , all 'legnds' (really)=HAPPY
    2) squandered our chance, weakness shown in certain areas, club not brave enough=UNHAPPY ( but relieved that we never flirted with relegation)

THE FUTURE - experience tells us that, if SUFC can screw up then they will and, to add to this,we have an ownership battle that throws great doubt on progress and retention of the biggest asset we have had for years, CW.

CONCLUSION- for me 6/10 season but, if you do not strive for continual improvement, if you accept your lot, if you sit back and say 'didn't we do well, what a great bunch of triers playing against the big boys' rather than look for ways to improve, develop and progress then you are not maximising your opportunity, you're actually regressing because the rest will be looking for that development, that improvement whilsy tou stand still and they overtake you.

Does that soound like the type of organisation CW wants to work for?

Therein lies the biggest danger.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    You’re a thick clapper with a ridiculous liking for the Dingles,

Like Rod, I will always watch United whenever I can. The fact that I have watched them all these years, including Division 4, I suppose puts me in the "Happy Clapper" section. But because I go, it doesn't mean I don't grumble - I do - a lot!
    Without doubt the darkest current cloud on the horizon is the ownership issue. That needs sorting fast!
    Unfortunately, there is nothing any of us lot can do about it.
    I was brought up on the mantra that if there is a problem you can affect - sort it - but don't waste your time worrying about things you can't affect. Wise words no doubt, but history teaches us that not worrying about the Blades isn't at all an easy thing to do.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast