+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: REG attracting attention

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I really hope REG stays with us but if he does go then Wes Harding would slot into that position.
    Gru will be happy,then again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Grumps trust you're well pal. The thing about Huddersfield though is they are in financial trouble. Phil Hodgkinson the owner is in dire financial trouble and owes something like 40 million as nine of his business' have gone in administration. I'm sure I read quite recently that the previous owner has jumped back in to the tune of 25 Million and it's him who has paid the last wage bills.

All that being said, I don't think Huddersfield will want to keep REG and will look to offload him asap come January. He's not been with them all season so they haven't really missed him. IF we look like maintaining a good position after the Festive period, then surely Warne should be asking Stewart for an opportunity to put a bid in for him, and not a derisory silly one! The lad has a lot of potential and he fits our model perfectly, plus, he is a young player with many years to offer.
    Just a point on this Brin, his other businesses may be in trouble, but as separate businesses they may not be linked debt wise so Huddersfield could be ok

Given that he's a good prospect, I hope Hudds extend his contract with a view to developing him into a good first team player for them - hope so. As per previous, Preston and Cardiff may get him if they come in with 'silly money' maybe...

REG looks an unbelievable acquisition, quick, strong and reads the game well.
    Still a lot to learn and he's willing to do so.
    Hopefully he's with us for the second half of the season and doesn't move on elsewhere.

As mellow said Wes Harding can play there if we do lose him.

There is no way hudders are gonna get rid of a great prospect like reg. I also think they will be quitehappy for us to keep him till the end of the season.

Well that’s how it works, put the product in the shop window and somebody might be interested enough to buy it

We managed to prise Danny Ward out of there for nowt + large sell on clause, and they signed him for £1M. So i think we could do the same for REG..............

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    We managed to prise Danny Ward out of there for nowt + large sell on clause, and they signed him for £1M. So i think we could do the same for REG..............
    Fair point

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Grumps trust you're well pal. The thing about Huddersfield though is they are in financial trouble. Phil Hodgkinson the owner is in dire financial trouble and owes something like 40 million as nine of his business' have gone in administration. I'm sure I read quite recently that the previous owner has jumped back in to the tune of 25 Million and it's him who has paid the last wage bills.

All that being said, I don't think Huddersfield will want to keep REG and will look to offload him asap come January. He's not been with them all season so they haven't really missed him. IF we look like maintaining a good position after the Festive period, then surely Warne should be asking Stewart for an opportunity to put a bid in for him, and not a derisory silly one! The lad has a lot of potential and he fits our model perfectly, plus, he is a young player with many years to offer.
    Brin, I know someone who worked at Huddersfield in a senior position and only left recently. She says the club is in a serious financial mess.
    You're correct about the previous chairman currently paying the wages but apparently he's not prepared to do that for long so if he does step back, Huddersfield will have big problems.
    It may not come down to whether or not Huddersfield may want to sell Reg, they may have no choice.
    I would love him to stay with us though and it would be great if we could get him on a permanent contract.
    Come on TS, you know it makes sense

Thought it was a bit strange for huddersfield to let him go on loan this season, didn't he play 20 odd games for them last season in the championship ?
    Reg is a very steady defender who will get lots of games with us so perfect fit for both parties.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast