+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee Shaw

Lee Shaw

33 goals for Grantham Town last season.

28 goals the year before.

Looking for a professional contract.

Worth a punt?

I actually would take him on a trial and more than likely a contract. Seems that he knows where the net is and at the end of the day it would be a low risk high reward scenario. He is also young so that is a plus,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c-FLXHadxr4

Looks to have decent strength, not a bad passer/crosser of the ball, and good goal return, obviously at a lower level but we wouldn't necessarily need him to start and we need to be finding the diamonds in the rough as apposed to picking up expensive older players. I'm also judging him off highlights which isnt something I like really doing, but a good goal scoring record is a massive plus no matter what the level, natural goal scorers are hard to find.

Just like Scoffham & Canham they had good scoring records

Quote Originally Posted by Redrag View Post
    33 goals for Grantham Town last season.

28 goals the year before.

Looking for a professional contract.

Worth a punt?
    Lincoln City have just signed Bruno Andrade from Boreham Wood. I'd be very surprised if they haven't run the rule over Shaw, and for whatever reason decided against.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Just like Scoffham & Canham they had good scoring records
    So did Charlie Austin at Poole Town, and he carried it with him, so who's to say Shaw couldn't be the next big find?

This is where you rely on the eye of your scouts to judge which ones can step up and which can't.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    So did Charlie Austin at Poole Town, and he carried it with him, so who's to say Shaw couldn't be the next big find?

This is where you rely on the eye of your scouts to judge which ones can step up and which can't.
    But will our team notice him, and give him a go.

Sorry. But teams that take a chance on none league players are doing just that. Taking a risk. There are some who come off and many that don’t. It has nothing to do with scouting, it is a gut feeling.
    In nine league, fitness plays a critical part. Some players will look after themselves better than others, and in the main these players perform better, but once a player goes professional, they don’t get a choice, told what to eat, when to train etc.
    My point is a player could be head and shoulders above the rest in none league, but as soon as he goes pro, struggles. It is a guessing game. Yes there are players that are more likely than others.
    Canham in particular was prolific in none league.

From watching that Youtube compilation I'm getting a Steve Scoffham feeling. Could be wrong of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    From watching that Youtube compilation I'm getting a Steve Scoffham feeling. Could be wrong of course.
    I watched it and got the same feeling. Not particuarly fast didnt see a lot of examples of anything amazing. SUre he's wonderful at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post

More importantly a good manager to get the best out the player

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast