+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: System and best team to win

System and best team to win

Difficult to say what our best team is currently, i am not sure CW knows. We are conceding too many but not scoring enough. However our reinforcements have or are about to bring some much needed quality into midfield. I think we should pick the most positive team we have and go for wins (hoping that the back 3 start to gel)

Hendo

Egan Stearman JOC

Freemen Fleck Coutts Norwood Johnson

Woodburn or Duffy in the hole

Lone Striker has to be Billy at the moment but hopefully a New improved version soon.

Bench: Clarke, Baldock, Bryan (is he injured ?), Leonard, Bash, Moore, Woodburn or Duffy

That midfield looks quality but the defense needs to tighten up.

Alternatively drop Woodburn/Duffy move Fleck up to just behind Billy and put Leonard or Bash in as defensive midfield sweeper.

What are your thoughts moving forward ?.

4-3-1-2 is certainly worth trying.

We changed to something like that last night and it looked good. With Coutts and Duffy in, it'd be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    4-3-1-2 is certainly worth trying.

We changed to something like that last night and it looked good. With Coutts and Duffy in, it'd be even better.
    Would you play this with a diamond in the middle and width coming from the fullbacks or width coming form the 3 with support from fullbacks and middle two staggered off each other.

agree herbie said it on another thread i think its time to ditch the 3 at the back were too open to the fast counter attack i would definetly go 4 3 1 2 ideally if coutts comes back norwood coutts and fleck as the 3 with duffy or woodburn behind 2 strikers

Agree Herbert thought we looked better balanced with 4 3 1 2 especially with Billy playing all across the front opened it up for midfield to push further forward.In any game we can change our formation but we can always change back to our norm formation once we get control of the midfield .if we had used our second half formation against Swansea dont think we would have lost that game

Quote Originally Posted by mwblade View Post
    Would you play this with a diamond in the middle and width coming from the fullbacks or width coming form the 3 with support from fullbacks and middle two staggered off each other.
    The right back would have to provide a lot of the width. Bit less responsibility on the left back because Fleck often probes down that side.

It would suit Baldock and Stevens better to attack as full backs than wing backs. They could pick their moments better and get in better positions more often due to the extra midfield numbers creating the space. There should be enough defensive cover with 3 deeper midfielders.

Much of the width should also come from the player in the 10 position drifting into wide positions.

But you know what, I'd still have no faith in us scoring enough goals. There's a heavy reliance on crosses and we're just not good enough at it or ruthless enough in front of goal.

It would help if we could score more from set pieces. The corners were very good last night with Norwood but I won't get carried away because Hull weren't the strongest aerially.

if johnson comes in were covered in all positions apart from the one that wins you games more often than not and thats strikers leon cant hit a bargepole at the minute goldie is injury prone lavery isnt up to this level so theres a big reliance on billy im afraid i think we need 2 in

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    if johnson comes in were covered in all positions apart from the one that wins you games more often than not and thats strikers leon cant hit a bargepole at the minute goldie is injury prone lavery isnt up to this level so theres a big reliance on billy im afraid i think we need 2 in
    I would not mind one quality striker and then an up and coming striker. The list of our supposed targets is getting smaller, I hope CW has a surprise up is sleeve.

yeah that would do for me enall bfl and for all we know chris might be thinking the same my own take on the striker situation for what its worth is that if we bring 1 quality striker in that would make us a mid table team again but if somehow we could bring 2 decent strikers in i think we would then have a great chance of the top 6 but know from a financial point of view its not likely to happen

The failure to get Norwood permanently has ensured we won't be able to sign two strikers - if we're signing Johnson that is.

It should be said that Johnson can play up front though.

Btw, apparently the reason the Evans/Norwood deals didn't go through on deadline day is because Abdullah couldn't be contacted to sign the deals off. P1ss poor if so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast