+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ruben

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Call me cynical but I should well imagine it will remain that way until about 17:15 on Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    How come Leigh Curtis is back on the case?
    I thought he was covering Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    How come Leigh Curtis is back on the case?
    I thought he was covering Derby.
    No offence to Leigh Curtis, but it doesn't take a lot of shoe leather to write most stories that populate our newspapers and websites these days - no original quotes, just regurgitation of what's already in the public domain (even down to the use of the Notts Stats website). In fairness, regional journalism is chronically underfunded. But half of the stories in the national media these days are cribbed from press releases or nothing issues on Twitter/Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    No offence to Leigh Curtis, but it doesn't take a lot of shoe leather to write most stories that populate our newspapers and websites these days - no original quotes, just regurgitation of what's already in the public domain (even down to the use of the Notts Stats website).
    I mean, who in their right mind would reference that site? I'm pretty sure he makes most of it up as he goes along!