+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 84 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    With the Christie loan I could kind of live with it, the boy was going nowhere at the time with the minks and naively I thought it might lead to us signing him but f uck any other of their rejects coming here for game time.
    Not really naive at all.

Up until about September/October there seemed to be little or no prospect of Christie getting any sort of run in the Tims first team , let alone making the impact he did or being offered a new contract from them

With the Christie loan I could kind of live with it, the boy was going nowhere at the time with the minks and naively I thought it might lead to us signing him but f uck any other of their rejects coming here for game time.
    Well it wasn't as if I didn't tell you all.

To be fair, if you had joined my boycott, that would have made two of us.

One of only two times I've been embarrassed to be a Dons fan.

The other one was when we took Foster back and made him captain.
    I didn't boycott on that occasion, no shortage of Dons fans to argue with about it though.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 11-01-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    Greg Stewart is getting recalled by Birmingham City, watch the wheels come off the Kilmarnock wagon
    Apparently Sunderland are interested in snapping him up on a pre-contract.

I wonder if we had the opportunity to sign him permanently in the summer. He was slow and unfit early last season but the fact is he's been a standout at both Dundee and Killie. He would be a great player for us at full fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Apparently Sunderland are interested in snapping him up on a pre-contract.

I wonder if we had the opportunity to sign him permanently in the summer. He was slow and unfit early last season but the fact is he's been a standout at both Dundee and Killie. He would be a great player for us at full fitness.
    I was told by a low-level AFC employee at the time Stewart joined us on loan that AFC had an option to buy him at the end of the loan at a price already agreed with Birmingham City, but subject to GS and AFC both being happy for the deal to go ahead.

But nae surprising that we didn't exercise the option based on his form with us

Genuine question but are we actively scouting the lower Scottish leagues?

OK its not the headline signings we are looking for but there must be some gems down there worth looking at.

The Christie deal almost worked out.
    I read it was quite close to us getting him.
    If it was not for the summer transfer window and him turning round their cup tie against Hearts, he would likely have been a Don.

I could accept a loan deal again, but if we use Morgan as an example, there should at least be an option to buy on our part should we choose to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Nae Hendry anyway,he's pish

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Never really been impressed with Hendry.
    I think we can do better.
    Well done - you managed to type that response without mentioning Ben Heneghan

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Well done - you managed to type that response without mentioning Ben Heneghan
    Fa's he?
    It's quite a range of options to get better than Hendry

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Sam Roscoe ?
    Roscoe is getting an education at Alloa and a decent opportunity against generally better equipped teams. He may be a ready replacement for McKenna when Milne sells him to Celtic.

Page 84 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast