+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What kind of fan are you?

"Sheffield supporters from Rotherham"

I blame their parents !

I moved houses when I saw a deckchair shirt walk into a prospective school for my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    I don't think I fall into any of the options given.

I'm just a fan, I go every game regardless, not to go is never up for debate.

Sometimes I'm optimistic, sometimes pessimistic sometimes I think a players played very well when everyone else thinks he's had a shocker.
    Think I'm more like Loyal. Last season has left a bad taste but like many, renewed our season tickets.

I want players to care as I do about our club and put the shift in we fans do.

As for success, it has to be limited by resources and we have little of those. I won't go to away matches unless we start to look as if we can reach the play offs. No longer want to visit L1 grounds, only Championship grounds. Guess that means I'm some sort of plastic. Who'd a thought that after watching Millers for 58 years on and off ( Breaks for business). I think last season was a turning point for me.

Sort of looking forward to next season. Love the NYS and hope it is more than half full. Shall miss the away support making up the atmosphere but if we can be successful at L1 level we all know how great the atmosphere can be from the home support alone

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    I'm a soft optimist but never have, never will feel we are the best team in the world. We are my own town side so they get my support. Sheffield supporters from Rotherham if it's that good in Sheffield go & live there.
    Love this guy 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Think I'm more like Loyal. Last season has left a bad taste but like many, renewed our season tickets.

I want players to care as I do about our club and put the shift in we fans do.

As for success, it has to be limited by resources and we have little of those. I won't go to away matches unless we start to look as if we can reach the play offs. No longer want to visit L1 grounds, only Championship grounds. Guess that means I'm some sort of plastic. Who'd a thought that after watching Millers for 58 years on and off ( Breaks for business). I think last season was a turning point for me.

Sort of looking forward to next season. Love the NYS and hope it is more than half full. Shall miss the away support making up the atmosphere but if we can be successful at L1 level we all know how great the atmosphere can be from the home support alone
    Nothing wrong with not wanting to go to a **** hole of a ground mate I went to villa last year. I thought I'd try it and see what it's like. I god dam hated it a big ground sure but refreshments sucked and it was held together by worn out bricks and shoddy plastic. Not to mention the over friendly stewards checking my but and crotch for drinks maybe then the nasty I'm going to kick you out of the stadium if you chant anything steward. only reason to go to these grounds is to snigger and pitty the poor fans that have to go to these grounds on a regular basis

I like to think of myself as a realist.
    I got called a moaning Minnie last pre season because I voiced my opinion on the amateurish way the club was being run at all levels......and we all know what happened next.
    I'm a lot more optimistic this season because some of things that needed to be sorted out have been, or are being.
    I've said before that Paul Warne would not have been my choice as manager but I'm really warming to his enthusiasm and the way he's getting into the role. I sincerely hope his work ethic brings him the success he deserves.
    I've supported the Millers for 60 years now and the highs and lows are just as intense as they ever were.
    By the way gwru, I was born in Rotherham and support my team at home and many away games BUT where I live is classed as Sheffield. Does that make me a bad person? 😉

I found the league one away days very enjoyable .

We've had many years at 2nd tier level and a cheeky season in the PL but I think it's fair to say we haven't forgotten our roots .

Growing up in the 60's and 70's as a tyke was 4th level fare and struggling to compete even at that level , you Millers were seen as a bigger and better club along with Chesterfield and Mansfield .

Days out at Rochdale , Fleetwood , Oldham and Bury give you a reminding perspective , there's an honesty and a heart and soul to these clubs that you don't find in the championship never mind the PL .

I've seen us win at Anfield and Villa Park in the PL , yeh it was great but yet the memory of a diving Derek Bell header at York's Bootham Crescent on a misty November saturday afternoon in 1978 right in front of 5k travelling tykes during our 4th division promotion season still gives me goose bumps .

Funny old game as someone once said .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I found the league one away days very enjoyable .

We've had many years at 2nd tier level and a cheeky season in the PL but I think it's fair to say we haven't forgotten our roots .

Growing up in the 60's and 70's as a tyke was 4th level fare and struggling to compete even at that level , you Millers were seen as a bigger and better club along with Chesterfield and Mansfield .

Days out at Rochdale , Fleetwood , Oldham and Bury give you a reminding perspective , there's an honesty and a heart and soul to these clubs that you don't find in the championship never mind the PL .

I've seen us win at Anfield and Villa Park in the PL , yeh it was great but yet the memory of a diving Derek Bell header at York's Bootham Crescent on a misty November saturday afternoon in 1978 right in front of 5k travelling tykes during our 4th division promotion season still gives me goose bumps .

Funny old game as someone once said .
    You make a good point animal. I remember visiting Burton when we were in L1. What a seemingly well managed, friendly and "family" type of club it appeared to be. Honest football with honest supporters who maintain a realistic view of how things are. It will be interesting to see how the club reacts to adversity and relegation. I think it may be this season but they will probably take it on the chin and re group in L1 as your team and mine has to do.

"It will be interesting to see how the club reacts to adversity and relegation."

Not necessarily relegation next year. They stuck by their manager and a methodology that works for the small club - play football when possible - frustrate opponents away and at home if up against a superior team.

But they are realistic about it now they've seen it work. Tactical play is entertainment ( if you appreciate / understand it ) and if it pays dividends that's a bonus.....

More league money now and strengthen with a bit of quality.....it was us last season except we didn't have the patience / awareness or understanding to see the project through.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123