+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Please!....

Agree!

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Animal is spot on with his comments about the Barnsley game.
    Animal got it absolutely nailed on !!! lbj's loving of Stubbs is relentless and up til now I've not made comment and usually see the name and skip the post. For me to put it simply is a manager is solely judged on results it's as simple as that so looking at what managers we have had Evans- success all the way 2 promotions and a survival in championship is no mean feat= legend for me. Warnock what he did was as good as anything I've ever witnessed as a RUFC fan remarkably achieving survival quite comfortably in the end = legend for me. (Little tainted with his departure but can't blame him) Stubbs - ripped up everything Warnock did in such a short time and allowing derbs to leave was huge!! But that was just on of his many mistakes. He cost us relegation it's as simple as that.fail to prepare = prepare to fail!!!. = worst manager EVER at the club alongside Danny bergarra in my time. Jackett - well least said about him the better but clearly realised the wreckage Stubbs left behind was like the titanic hitting the iceberg, no coming back from that paired with his managerial reputation he was thinking about his CV. Warne - now up to press he is a failure and can't be described as anything else but again the Stubbs debacle has allowed him some time to put a case forward to remain manager and to his credit he has ticked a lot of boxes for me because ripping up a squad is not always the right thing to do, he looks like he's strengthened the team where it needed and think most would agree on that. Pre season is not a barometer to judge how good we are as it never pans out like that but having said that winning is a habit and seeing the strikers scoring regularly can only bode well. So as for warne its a case of time will tell but I'm hoping I can also stick him in the legend box. UP THE MIGHTY MILLERS AND LETS PUT SOME POSITIVE THINKING BACK ON THIS BOARD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolpete View Post
    Animal got it absolutely nailed on !!! lbj's loving of Stubbs is relentless and up til now I've not made comment and usually see the name and skip the post. For me to put it simply is a manager is solely judged on results it's as simple as that so looking at what managers we have had Evans- success all the way 2 promotions and a survival in championship is no mean feat= legend for me. Warnock what he did was as good as anything I've ever witnessed as a RUFC fan remarkably achieving survival quite comfortably in the end = legend for me. (Little tainted with his departure but can't blame him) Stubbs - ripped up everything Warnock did in such a short time and allowing derbs to leave was huge!! But that was just on of his many mistakes. He cost us relegation it's as simple as that.fail to prepare = prepare to fail!!!. = worst manager EVER at the club alongside Danny bergarra in my time. Jackett - well least said about him the better but clearly realised the wreckage Stubbs left behind was like the titanic hitting the iceberg, no coming back from that paired with his managerial reputation he was thinking about his CV. Warne - now up to press he is a failure and can't be described as anything else but again the Stubbs debacle has allowed him some time to put a case forward to remain manager and to his credit he has ticked a lot of boxes for me because ripping up a squad is not always the right thing to do, he looks like he's strengthened the team where it needed and think most would agree on that. Pre season is not a barometer to judge how good we are as it never pans out like that but having said that winning is a habit and seeing the strikers scoring regularly can only bode well. So as for warne its a case of time will tell but I'm hoping I can also stick him in the legend box. UP THE MIGHTY MILLERS AND LETS PUT SOME POSITIVE THINKING BACK ON THIS BOARD!!!
    Absolutely fella, great post.

Excellent post Pistolpete.
    However, you can expect lbj to reply at length telling you exactly why and where you are wrong about that nice Mr Stubbs 😀

Yep, I agree wholeheartedly.

Mellow I don't doubt that for one minute but as you can see in my post I've eluded to him only slightly thus not giving any reason for me to be berated slagging off etc etc. And you will not see me reply to him either as it would only fuel him and I can't be bothered with arguing by means of keyboard haha! For a club like ours we need the Wimbledon of old spirit, grit and attitude cos we will never compete financially but that does not mean we can't have success as it has been proven on many occasions that with the right structure and strategy alongside clever signings it can be done. That's why Stubbs failed because what he should have done is keep the nucleus of that team and tweaked it. The team spirit was at an unprecedented level and given the right manager he would have harnessed that to his advantage alas he decided to let all the strikers leave and then be left with no alternative to bring in an absolute joke signing to try and salvage the fact his screw up of the highest order!! No one need to argue the Stubbs case no longer because as I mentioned in my post the end result was failure and no one and I mean no one can argue that statement

So many basic facts missing from the above - all copied from same notebook perhaps.

Simple as the sacking of any manager after 13 games is football madness - period !

NW picked up a full squad - fit and had played together as a group - and still brought some players in to bolster the squad....

He left after cutting this squad in half.

Stubbs inherited half a squad ! With some players on big money that were not fit for purpose - some say taking up 60% of wage budget .....who set those contracts up ?

So - starting late.

Half a squad

No budget to cover costs

Two captains crocked...
    Captain Kirk crocked for season
    Captain Frecks crocked - many say due to NW paying him through injury ?

The chief scout dissappeared ?

So where do you start - ?

Tough job considering the league games were coming fast and the manager had to rely on :

Budget players - due to bankroll / wages

Loan players

Freebies...

All the above player issues were hampered by time pressure because of NW & TS's procrastination.

The Barnsley game was a brand new squad - some Rotherham players hadn't unpacked their bags yet Barnsley....played ( as a group ) had recently played two Wembley games and won.

Group was good to go - high confidence and up for the championship.

So Barnsley v Rotherham....was a home win to a blind man !

The game went very predictably - AND...

As for team / manager moral !

Those idiots than ran down and swore at our young players a new management team will have motivated those players to break a leg for the badge... morons !

So getting back to the loans players - always going to be loans and we had too many ( due to budget restrictions )

I could go on but I want another coffee.

Sacking a manager is wrong after such a short time...period !

But Rotherham United had to change the last 4 / 5 years of buying a squad per year......wheels come off that policy at the championship level.

All my above points are VERY RELEVANT!

The manager - managed - and the Newcastle game was testament to what Stubbs did from a complete shambles of a pre-season.......

90% beyond his control !

Typo's just happen.....

I really don't care what you think of Stubbs - his handicap is seven and he's playing at writing / punditry - he's doing all right I guess.

All my points are "mitigating" circumstances that many simply don't take into account.

NOT.......NOT TAKING MY POINTS INTO ACCOUNT IS NOT FOOTBALL TALK !

All football people would say...ok that's a problem that would curtail to success of the team / manager.

And there are many of these "mitigating" circumstances never mentioned by the above cumulative.

It smacks of character assassination...

I just can't see why a simple fan would want to rub any individuals nose in it while ignoring NW's procrastination - his culling of a "great squad" ?

Not forgetting playing Freck's untill his injury became a real problem....

Nice on Warnock !

As an aside I still love the guy despite him being the beginning of the end of last season by leaving us in such a mess .

Still love EVO despite his buying a team per league ( with inflated wages apparently )....this has caused immeasurable problems for Rotherham United.

TS had witnessed all this crap that's happened and he's taken back control !

The manager is his. He'll learn eventually and in league one - with this squad - if PW cock it up he'll have worked mighty hard to do it.

A good squad - balanced books - beautiful stadium......slow growth and a bit of luck my grandchildren will be able to watch a professional football team in Rotherham. And that's good.

The rest is water under the bridge - I'm happy that some of the less mentioned yet ***** points I have covered.....

TO MY SATISFACTION ! ! !

And that's the main thing !

YOU LOT....

ENJOY THE SEASON.....UTM.....

PS - someone brought me a coffee....so apologies for the continuation....lol

Stress kills....remember that !

Stress not.....

You're right and you know it!

And that's all that counts....UTM

Kempo is not Zilzal (from IP addresses) and kempo is not IBS. Long term members will remeber when IBS was caught using 2 accounts at the same time. From that he chose IBS as his only account.

What is this thread about? It was about Blackstock leaving wasn't it? It is incredible how so many threads go down the Stubbs line. Yes there are clear links with Stubbs because he bought Blackstock but please stop these lectures!

It's beyond a joke!

LBJ if his handicap is still 7 with all this time on his hands then he's as bad at golf as he was at football management.

Ha ha cam..great stuff.......tell your boys Frogs - the usual suspects bring him up all the time - have you read them.........lectures have merit......these posts just are a personal vendetta. Have a word they are pointless and boring.

Move on boys - there's fresh meat in the managers chair.....be careful though - the chewy bits will be the Teflon coating..

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast