+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4-2-3-1 and the SFA

What wins games? Scoring goals, more than the opposition. One upfront who is isolated does not work. Jackie after the Tim Two still persevered with it then the Finnish mixup in his first match against Hearts did the same. McKinnon also likes the lone striker, so much though that he'll spout Shiite during the week about playing two through the middle and resort to one up against the part-timers. I think most folk thought United were the part-timers as we had no clue how to break down the opposition or take the game to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    What wins games? Scoring goals, more than the opposition. One upfront who is isolated does not work. Jackie after the Tim Two still persevered with it then the Finnish mixup in his first match against Hearts did the same. McKinnon also likes the lone striker, so much though that he'll spout Shiite during the week about playing two through the middle and resort to one up against the part-timers. I think most folk thought United were the part-timers as we had no clue how to break down the opposition or take the game to them.
    France 0 Luxembourg 0.
    Scotland only 2 Malta 0.
    Sometimes you need a tin opener.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    Darren you mention Keith Watson in your post, it was a travesty we ever got rid for Ryan McGowan, which I never understood. Watson now on loan at Hartlepool, why did we not take him back. As for Scobbie never rated him and always injured and definitely no pace!
    i loved Watson he was my fave player at the time. liked a goal in a big game and was solid. A consistent performer. capable of the silly moments but everyone is. dont think watson and jackie got on or had a fallen out.

in the window where we lost gms and armstrong you could argue that an even bigger loss was letting watson and townsend go and replacing them with dixon and mcgowan. at the time looked good replacements but obviously having hindsight it totally disrupted the team.

Scobbie will be solid for us but dont know if he will be suited for LB. might struggle there. certainly need his leadership just now.

i saw fyvie was captain yesterday????? the boy who didnt know if he wanted to be here during the summer??? why wasnt quinn/edge/mcdonald skipper someone whos more experienced than fyvie??

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    i saw fyvie was captain yesterday????? the boy who didnt know if he wanted to be here during the summer??? why wasnt quinn/edge/mcdonald skipper someone whos more experienced than fyvie??
    Thing is, im not 100% sure that is the right story in Fyvies case. Seems awfy fishy that Bell departed around the time that Fyvie all of a sudden made his mind up!

Aside from that, i think the whole captain thing is just another shambles with Flood as club captain and a long list of match day captains to deputize for him. Better than having the keeper as captain last season.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Don't write off Tam just because he got injured for goodness sake
    He'll be a very important back fourer when he returns, good signing.
    I haven't written off Tam because he is injured, I just don't think he is good enough and have never really rated him. However that said if he dovetails into the side in some capacity, that is winning then fine, credit due if it happens!

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    i loved Watson he was my fave player at the time. liked a goal in a big game and was solid. A consistent performer. capable of the silly moments but everyone is. dont think watson and jackie got on or had a fallen out.

in the window where we lost gms and armstrong you could argue that an even bigger loss was letting watson and townsend go and replacing them with dixon and mcgowan. at the time looked good replacements but obviously having hindsight it totally disrupted the team.

Scobbie will be solid for us but dont know if he will be suited for LB. might struggle there. certainly need his leadership just now.

Watson was also Shedkas favorite player 😎
    #spotted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)