+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kari Arnason World Cup debut...

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    And Sterling is Jamaican what's your point?
    You said Iceland was a proper team. I pointed out that one of them isn't even from that country so they ain't that 'proper'.
    I didn't say anything about England being a 'proper team' it was you who made that comment about Iceland.

For what it's worth i wish Sterling didn't play for England. That's not because of his place of birth it's because he's garbage.

Just on the subject of Iceland, their people are the biggest bunch of glory seekers I've ever met.
    I went to Iceland for two weeks about 14 months before they beat us in the Euro's. I tried to make conversation about their team getting better many many times during my visit and no one, and i repeat no one, knew anything about their footballers. I even showed them a picture of Kari and everyone shrugged their shoulders and looked blank.
    The only players from their national team at least some of them had heard of was Gylfi (Swansea) and Eidur Gudjohnson (Chelsea, Bolton).

'Proper' players, 'proper' fans? You're deluded

I never said "proper players, proper fans", I said a proper team as in one that works together without all the usual egos associated with modern-day multi-millionaire football players.

err..hardly a proper team if some of them aren't even Icelandic. Mercenaries

Don't fall for all this thunderclap nonsense. Bunch of fakes
    Last edited by flourbasher; 16-06-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    err..hardly a proper team if some of them aren't even Icelandic. Mercenaries

Don't fall for all this thunderclap nonsense. Bunch of fakes
    Arnason has Icelandic parents though and Sterling has/had Jamaicans ones.

Both moved to the countries they play for at 5 years old.
    Last edited by great_fire; 16-06-2018 at 07:41 PM.

Kari's parents are from Reykjavik where Kari grew up and is now playing his second spell for Vikingur where he started his career.

His Dad is a fan of their rivals Valur and tried to get him to play for them instead.

I have a lot more respect for Kari as a footballer than I do Sterling and the differences in their respective salaries are probably huge.
    One has proved himself at the top international level in recent years and the other hasn't proved anything on the world stage
    No justice there at all
    Last edited by flourbasher; 16-06-2018 at 08:17 PM.

Like so many England players in the past, Sterling can't seem to repeat his club form in an England shirt. It's an ongoing problem we've had for many years.
    As one former MillersMadster used to say, there's a player in there somewhere. I'll reserve judgement til after our Exit, whenever and at what stage that might be.
    Oh, and well done Arni.

Arni is the opposite, plays much better for his country.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Whilst the left would no doubt applaud an England World Cup win as a victory for "multiculturalism" and modern multi-ethnic Britain and all that (as seen when France won in 1998) it would also occur under a Conservative government and therefore could also be seen as a Tory win could it not?

Certainly a boost to the popularity of the government in the short-term.
    I couldn't give two shytes who's in charge of the country if we win it....

I couldn't give two shytes whichever bigot would think that it was a 'victory for multiculturism' if we won it....

I couln't give two shytes how 'multi-ethnic' the team is if we win it....

You've just given up the reason you don't want us to win, and you'd prefer Iceland, the fact that there's no 'multi-ethnics' in Iceland's team, where there certainly is in ours, the aryan race eh....what a pathetic bigotted and sad person you are....

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I couldn't give two shytes who's in charge of the country if we win it....

I couldn't give two shytes whichever bigot would think that it was a 'victory for multiculturism' if we won it....

I couln't give two shytes how 'multi-ethnic' the team is if we win it....

You've just given up the reason you don't want us to win, and you'd prefer Iceland, the fact that there's no 'multi-ethnics' in Iceland's team, where there certainly is in ours, the aryan race eh....what a pathetic bigotted and sad person you are....
    Is it still OK if I do give a shyte? Or is that not allowed anymore?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast