+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Away Form

Our Away Form

On the match thread Jackal suggests the two home defeats against Exeter and Crawley could cost us dearly in the automatic promotion chase.

I'd suggest our away form is having a far greater effect.

1 win in our last 13 away games. 10 points out of a possible 39.

During those 13 games we've played 8 of the bottom 12, the only win coming at Morecambe.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    On the match thread Jackal suggests the two home defeats against Exeter and Crawley could cost us dearly in the automatic promotion chase.

I'd suggest our away form is having a far greater effect.

1 win in our last 13 away games. 10 points out of a possible 39.

During those 13 games we've played 8 of the bottom 12, the only win coming at Morecambe.
    The Morecambe game, along with Exeter away, were our two most complete performances on the road IMO.....since then we have huffed and puffed amidst a few stinkers like Swindon and Barnet.

According to Nolo we are improving again, despite every team we meet "upping their game" against us.....mmmmm

Might I humbly suggest to Mr Nolan that we could try frightening FGR ......by playing the ball on the floor for 50% of the game.....that should confuse them having studied our last 20 games on video....it might also be a good idea to shore up our midfield by sitting Husin on the bench for the first 45 minutes until we figure out whether Noble and Hewey can get a grip on the game.

Just my 2 cents worth.

With our position in the chasing pack and at this stage of the season surely we should be playing for 3 points at places like Cheltenham. A point isn't terrible but it then means we need to take 3 points from our home games. The Mansfield game will be huge as will Wycombe 2 weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    The Morecambe game, along with Exeter away, were our two most complete performances on the road IMO.....since then we have huffed and puffed amidst a few stinkers like Swindon and Barnet.

According to Nolo we are improving again, despite every team we meet "upping their game" against us.....mmmmm

Might I humbly suggest to Mr Nolan that we could try frightening FGR ......by playing the ball on the floor for 50% of the game.....that should confuse them having studied our last 20 games on video....it might also be a good idea to shore up our midfield by sitting Husin on the bench for the first 45 minutes until we figure out whether Noble and Hewey can get a grip on the game.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    Absoloutely correct. Hard to understand how we can see it but Nolan sees a different picture, perhaps he is one of the 'rose-tinted brigade'. I am beginning to think that after all the hype, AH has decided that he can't actually afford promotion this year as the wages and other costs would go up next season. I suspect we shall be trying again next season if Nolan is still here!

Quote Originally Posted by Pieeyedandlegless View Post
    I am beginning to think that after all the hype, AH has decided that he can't actually afford promotion this year as the wages and other costs would go up next season. I suspect we shall be trying again next season if Nolan is still here!
    I don't think he's actively avoiding it, but it doesn't seem to be part of the current 5 year plan. Which is odd, because he apparently had a target of getting 30 points from the first 15 games, which he announced after we had achieved that. Retrospective targets are always easier to meet than future ones.

What he is a little bit naive about is the idea you can actually plan when you are going to be promoted. I have seen enough of this awful division to know it doesn't work like that. You can increase the probability by recruiting better players and a good manager, that's all. When the chance presents itself, you have to take it, and failing to strengthen in January means that chance is lessened. But we are still third, so who knows?

Retrospective targets....I am sure none of his employees are on those.

One of 3 things will happen.

We hit form and storm it. I will give 8/1
    We continue to stutter and just make the play offs and the stags give us a hammering. Evens.
    We completely collapse and finish 10th. 1/2 hot favourite.

With no striker hired an iffy midfield a puzzling manager who is not making sensible decisions and a poor game plan I predict the latter.

I have been to a few away games and to be honest, apart from Morecambe we have been shyte. Durham is right ,all we do is hoof the ball. Nolan seems to set the team up not to lose which I can understand at the bigger teams but at the mighty Barnet , Newport and the likes , give me a break!

Absoloutely correct. Hard to understand how we can see it but Nolan sees a different picture, perhaps he is one of the 'rose-tinted brigade'. I am beginning to think that after all the hype, AH has decided that he can't actually afford promotion this year as the wages and other costs would go up next season. I suspect we shall be trying again next season if Nolan is still here!

Another very positive response to a team that is in the bottom 3, oh sorry top 3. I would suggest that AH and KN resign before the ship sinks. The club is going nowhere, the place is a shambles and the ground is in urgent need of refurbishment. Shame on the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Another very positive response to a team that is in the bottom 3, oh sorry top 3. I would suggest that AH and KN resign before the ship sinks. The club is going nowhere, the place is a shambles and the ground is in urgent need of refurbishment. Shame on the lot of them.
    Abouloutely correct dear🤓

Abouloutely correct dear🤓

Thank you red boy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast