+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Administration

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Not seen anywhere about a transfer embargo? Regarding points deduction I would need to check but I was told last week it’s 9 points in NFL?
    Just checked, it’s 10 points.

Under both EFL Regulations (12.3) and National League Rules (14.A.2.3) should a club relegated from the EFL enter administration during the close season then the points deduction would be applied in the following season. The Club would start the season on minus 10 points. As a member of the National League then the club would be bound by its Rules. Rule 14 would apply.
    Last edited by ncfcog; 23-06-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yes re. Meadow Lane lease. I also have a suspicion we are already under a transfer embargo for having a 'live' winding up petition on file. I could be wrong on that bit though.
    I thought we could still play at Meadow Lane in the 6th tier it is if it is lower than that is that Evo stick league ?!

Either way it’s bad enough in this league so I don’t want to think about one league lower I think it would finish us personally.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I thought we could still play at Meadow Lane in the 6th tier it is if it is lower than that is that Evo stick league ?!

Either way it’s bad enough in this league so I don’t want to think about one league lower I think it would finish us personally.
    I believe it is if we go lower than the fifth tier of English footie. Even then it isn't automatic that we lose ML, it just opens the option to the council to move us on I think.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 24-06-2019 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post

The club and supporters cannot fall into the trap of feeling sorry for ourselves because the club is in the 5th tier. Most of the clubs in this tier will probably be very proud to be there, and eyeing the move up to the Football league.

The club HAS to get into the mindset that we have to fight in every game, and not forget that the FL is "potentially" only 9 months away.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    This is my concern. It’s a big gamble to take a points deduction and expect to obtain a good 62 points or more to survive relegation.

It’s not only the points deduction but the psychological effect of being behind everyone else with deductions. With the right team and personnel it could be a galvanising factor, but with Notts it always tends to be the worse possible outcome. In which case relegation to the National League North.

Is it at that point the lease on our Meadow Lane ground comes under threat if we go down to the 6th tier?

Plus if we were to go into Administration would the club not be subjected to a transfer embargo?

I may be missing something but surely going into Administration would be a disaster for on the field affairs and really would put us at rock bottom before a ball is kicked in anger in the forthcoming season.
    Totally agree. I cannot see anyway that we'd survive the points deduction. Maybe if we had a proper pre-season to prepare, an established playing budget, and decent signings already being announced. As it stands, we'll do well to scrape enough points together to avoid relegation even if we start on zero.

So, as you say, admin means the sixth tier and potentially losing our home. It would be an unmitigated disaster, and quite possibly the end of the club as we know it. From what I can see, we need a credible buyer in the next few weeks or we're done.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 24-06-2019 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    The club and supporters cannot fall into the trap of feeling sorry for ourselves because the club is in the 5th tier. Most of the clubs in this tier will probably be very proud to be there, and eyeing the move up to the Football league.

The club HAS to get into the mindset that we have to fight in every game, and not forget that the FL is "potentially" only 9 months away.
    We can fight all we want, but unless we sign some new players soon, we'll be starting the season with one centre back. How many other teams in the NL will be in that position? My guess is none. In our current situation, the bookies should make us one of the favourites for relegation, not promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    So, as you say, admin means the sixth tier and potentially losing our home. It would be an unmitigated disaster, and quite possibly the end of the club as we know it. From what I can see, we need a credible buyer in the next few weeks or we're done.
    It's already the end of the club as I knew it.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 24-06-2019 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Fixed quote code error

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    It's already the end of the club as I knew it.
    Yeah, me too, but at least we still have our identity and history. If those things are gone, there's truly nothing left.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post

If they had got in that mind set earlier we wouldn't have gone down.

So then just over 2 weeks to the court hearing again. Anyone thinking a new consortium can buy the club within that time scale are mad This all smells of administration I'm afraid as it's clear now that any interested party are not going to pay the money Hardy wants.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast