+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: O/t - them!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    Agree with this 100%
    Such an inferiority complex that our country voted against governing itself. Pathetic
    About time there wasn't the contentment of England going out of a major tournament early to smokescreen that we haven't qualified for over 20 years and haven't moved forward one bit at our national sport in that time.
    England have played well at a tournament with no outstanding nation in it (we didn't even get into a playoff). If they win the WC fair play to them.
    Nah, sorry, I'm no having that one. Devolution has meant we can put money into football if we want, instead quite rightly its being diverted into health and social care (Franks Law for instance?) for example. Scottish football itself generates money that should be self funding to the betterment of the international team. Two self vested 'institutions' stop, and will continue to stop, any change to that.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Not entirely true James,if we were an independent nation they may have not qualified having only drawn with us at home and been hammered in Glasgow,do you no remember Croatia(INDEPENDENT)and the Wally we the brolly?. Thig Ar Latha!!!.
    GB, this is complete nonsense, there's no facts (and I know how much you like a fact) to prove your theory. Don't get me wrong, if Scotland could invest more in the national team - grassroots/infrastrucure/facilities etc - I'd be as happy as you would be, but without facts to support the theory it's more political playmaking imo

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Nah, sorry, I'm no having that one. Devolution has meant we can put money into football if we want, instead quite rightly its being diverted into health and social care (Franks Law for instance?) for example. Scottish football itself generates money that should be self funding to the betterment of the international team. Two self vested 'institutions' stop, and will continue to stop, any change to that.
    I think this goes to the root of the problem, James. Scottish football serves Sevco and Celtic. If Scotland was completely independent how much more money in funding would the SFA get? Not sure they'd get any, but been wrong before

Its also worth remembering that Iceland poured millions of Krona into football because they were fed up of being a laughing stock,they qualified for the Euro's(We didnie) then knocked oot the country(England) who give us our pocket money.To show that was not a one off they then made it to the World Cup in Russia(We never) and drew 1-1 with Argentina,this is a country with a population similar or smaller than Edinburgh,the big difference?,independent nation no getting pocket money from its bigger Nordic cousin's,FACT.
    You must bear in mind G that in an independent Scotland Sturgeon would still pump all our hard earned into facilities, structure, coaching etc etc into the west coast as it's always been.

That might lead to having a better national side but as usual anything north of Stirling domestically will suffer.

I personally voted YES in the last referendum. Don't know if i still would in the next. The West and the central belt always gets looked after and we're always the poor relations.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    OK it's late on a Saturday night but maybe next week instead of political point scoring someone can post up hard facts as to exactly what the funding issues are. 1 How much is available to the SFA now? 2 How much MORE would be available to the SFA if the country had independent financing sources?

It would be nice to have this debate without it resorting to politics because that will only get the thread locked at some point?
    If i was a Tory in Westminster i would give F ALL to sport in Scotland,why should they?,they support The Three Lions and Brexit,no country on planet earth would be stupid enough to support their neighbours effort's on the playing field's of world sport.The Scottish office in London fly the flag of ST George every time England play in the World Cup,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    You must bear in mind G that in an independent Scotland Sturgeon would still pump all our hard earned into facilities, structure, coaching etc etc into the west coast as it's always been.

That might lead to having a better national side but as usual anything north of Stirling domestically will suffer.

I personally voted YES in the last referendum. Don't know if i still would in the next. The West and the central belt always gets looked after and we're always the poor relations.
    You must be FN blind mate a bit like the Organ grinder and his FN monkey scenario,since this city voted YES public and private money has poured into Dundee on a scale never witnessed in its history,FACT.

If i was a Tory in Westminster i would give F ALL to sport in Scotland,why should they?,they support The Three Lions and Brexit,no country on planet earth would be stupid enough to support their neighbours effort's on the playing field's of world sport.The Scottish office in London fly the flag of ST George every time England play in the World Cup,FACT.
    Thats all politics mate, no facts to support the theory. I'm not saying you're wrong about funding tbh but repeating old political leanings to support a theory without any facts is not on

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    gb, this is complete nonsense, there's no facts (and i know how much you like a fact) to prove your theory. Don't get me wrong, if scotland could invest more in the national team - grassroots/infrastrucure/facilities etc - i'd be as happy as you would be, but without facts to support the theory it's more political playmaking imo
    iceland,iceland,iceland,fact.

iceland,iceland,iceland,fact.
    How do they fund the national team differently from Scotland? What's their national budget?

You must be FN blind mate a bit like the Organ grinder and his FN monkey scenario,since this city voted YES public and private money has poured into Dundee on a scale never witnessed in its history,FACT.
    Outwith football yeah and fair enough there's something happening at Caird Park but overall we are miles behind Glasgow & surrounding.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)