+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: England vs Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Better than going out to Iceland, but not as entertaining as going out to Farmfoods.
    Oh so fcuking funny , I can see why you and Elite like to wipe each others arses.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Better than going out to Iceland, but not as entertaining as going out to Farmfoods.
    Wait, Rose was a lidl better than Young when he came on

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Bigger tw@t
    I am hurting right now because England lost and you have to be offensive to a fellow Pie simply because I have a different opinion to you. You need to take a long hard look at yourself mate

Over-achieved I think. Did we really test the keepers we have played against? Stat tonight near the end was shots on goal - Croatia 7 England 1. Maybe that is from open play.

I agree with GS that there is a lot more to come, but I really don't feel we are near the best in the world. We carried Alli for most games, as for Sterling, maybe I just don't see it. Lingard isn't international class.

It's been a great ride though and I do think GS is the man for the job - but we need some real creativity from midfield and someone to play off Kane.

Player of tournament for England? Trippier

If this site is a microcosm of society then there's going to be some trouble tonight.

I had hoped we might win and have not been negative about England at all throughout the tournament, but unfortunately, the game coincided with my dry July spell. When sober as a judge I just knew we were going to lose as soon as Kane and Lingard missed and we ran out of ideas. On reflection, I don't like 3-5-2 at all and think it left us exposed on the flanks, weak in midfield and ponderous in attack.

Trippier makes it work because he's the new Beckham, but realistically, are Stones and Walker good enough to carry it off? And are are Henderson and Alli good enough for England? I'm not convinced.

I'm now drinking a bottle of red. Thanks, England.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Over-achieved I think. Did we really test the keepers we have played against? Stat tonight near the end was shots on goal - Croatia 7 England 1. Maybe that is from open play.

I agree with GS that there is a lot more to come, but I really don't feel we are near the best in the world. We carried Alli for most games, as for Sterling, maybe I just don't see it. Lingard isn't international class.

It's been a great ride though and I do think GS is the man for the job - but we need some real creativity from midfield and someone to play off Kane.

Player of tournament for England? Trippier
    This ^
    (apart from the over-achieved bit, I think we were worthy semi-finalists)

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    I am hurting right now because England lost and you have to be offensive to a fellow Pie simply because I have a different opinion to you. You need to take a long hard look at yourself mate
    We support the same team but we aren't mates . This is fcuking cyber space .

And this is why we don't ever win!! Can't even be civil or supportive of each other

Come on guys, we're all hurting but lets not have arguments over the game. Fed up with reading argumentative comments between elite, tricky, durham etc. Cheer up, seasons nearly here. #league2scominghome

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    We support the same team but we aren't mates . This is fcuking cyber space .

You are one angry dude, you remind me of another guy who used to be on here from Russia or somewhere.
    He was thin skinned and always falling out with someone.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast