+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marcel Ritzmaier

BFC 'Lucky' to have him sez Spud as he was apparently being headhunted by top division clubs on the continent? We'll ev to tek thi word on that Spud mi owd, time'll tell I guess but al express mi sincere gratitude in advance that he chose to come here. My expectations are now at fever pitch proportions.

Welcome to Oakwell Marcel, I hope tha totally rips it up in the Championship. Best of luck lad.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Experienced midfielder arrives from Wolfsberger AC.

Gerhard Struber has added to his squad early in the January window, with 26-year-old midfielder Marcel Ritzmaier signing a two-and-a-half-year contract with the Reds.

An experienced and versatile midfielder, Ritzmaier can operate comfortably in all areas of a midfield diamond, as well as being comfortable in the left full-back role.

The 26-year-old, who will turn 27 in April, has amassed nearly 250 matches in his career, regularly featuring in the Europa League over the years since his first appearance for Dutch giants PSV in 2011.

Ritzmaier has represented his native Austria at U16, U17, U18, U19 and U21 level. Gerhard Struber moved quickly to secure a player that has played 18 times for former club Wolfsberger AC this season, scoring twice and assisting four times.

Struber told barnsleyfc.co.uk that he was really pleased to get the signing done. He said: “Marcel is a special player and will offer us more options for positions in the diamond. He can play in what I would call the number eight, the six and the 10. He’s a player with experience and high technical skills and is also quick, so I am very happy he’s chosen to play for Barnsley FC. Marcel will help for me and our team, also our fans. He will be a good player for this club.”

Marcel has spoken with iFollow Barnsley at length following his move to Barnsley Football Club, he said: “I am really happy to sign for Barnsley FC and to play in England. I have played for eight and a half years in the Netherlands and also in Austria and also the Europa League so I hope I can bring some experience to the team. I have a good relationship with Gerhard and Max, I know them as trainer’s and they know me as a player. The way they want to play fits me very well, I am happy to work with them.”

Barnsley Football Club’s CEO, Dane Murphy, spoke to barnsleyfc.co.uk after securing the club’s first signing of the January window, he said: “Many understand that this window can be difficult to get deals done, so we’re pleased to sign Marcel early. Marcel is an immensely talented player with background in the highest levels of European football. Barnsley Football Club is lucky to have secured his services as a few clubs in the top divisions of the continent chased his signature. Gerhard is quite familiar with Marcel and will utilize his ability to get maximum return. This is another step in the right direction for Barnsley Football Club in what will be an exciting second half of the season.”
    background in the highest levels of European football [/quote]

Does this Dane Murphy actually know what the highest levels of European football actually is?
    Yet another piece of top rate pillocking eh SB
    Just fo back to the States Murphy
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 06-01-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Another superb addition from the Austrian conveyor belt that continues to smash the championship for this club .

Welcome .

Very versatile too.
    He can play 6, 8 or 10.
    If we can find someone to play 7, 9 or 11 we'll have all bases covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Why where you going?
    Clue weakest link

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Clue weakest link
    Your off on a date with Anne Robinson ?.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    BFC 'Lucky' to have him sez Spud as he was apparently being headhunted by top division clubs on the continent? We'll ev to tek thi word on that Spud mi owd, time'll tell I guess but al express mi sincere gratitude in advance that he chose to come here. My expectations are now at fever pitch proportions.

Welcome to Oakwell Marcel, I hope tha totally rips it up in the Championship. Best of luck lad.
    We will be told that he cost a kings ransome [without actually saying how much] thereby assuring us all that every penny is going back into the club
    Yeah right

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    We will be told that he cost a kings ransome [without actually saying how much] thereby assuring us all that every penny is going back into the club
    Yeah right
    It's seldom young foreign players hit the ground running in English football. I hope he does of course. Clint Marcelle and Jovo managed it as did De Zeeuw and they were the same age as Ritzmaier when they signed with a similar european background. Marcelle and Bosancic came here on the recommendation of sir Bobby Robson and walked into a squad with a marvellous blend of established youth and experience which I've no doubt made their transition far easier.

The way Spud builds up our new signing merely adds that unnecessary extra pressure on the guy and it's mainly about public relations to Spud at end of the day to build up hopes.

Unlike the aforementioned players of 96/97, Ritzmaier comes into a struggling inexperienced and youthful championship side fighting for their lives at the foot of the table. Can we seriously expect him to hit the ground running? Well there's a possibility, only because our head coach knows all about him and vise versa but it's gonna be difficult in my opinion.

I wonder if Tommy Knasmullner recommended us to him ?.

I never rated Jovo Bos to be honest Pass, and yes I realise Im probably the only one to think that about him.

I saw Jovo run the show away at Port Vale.
    One of the most complete performances I've seen from a Barnsley side.
    That was the game I finally believed we could pull off the miracle..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast