+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Press Conference that didn't exist

The Press Conference that didn't exist

"Newsbot", the link to BFC news announced that a Press Conference with the owners would take place today streamed on You Tube at 1-00pm

Cue excitement over HC announcement or EFL Investigation findings

The first hint of a feq up was that it stated Khaled El Ahmad would be there alongside the owners Parekh and Cryne.

The second hint of a feq up is that no Press Conference took place as the owners and Press knew nothing about it.

The blame game has begun.

This is another fine mess we gotten ourselves into.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 15-05-2024 at 12:29 PM.

Strangely the thread discussing the feq up which had reached 50 + responses on BBS has been taken down/ removed from the BBS Board.

Summat's not reyt sumweear.

Communication and transparency.

A second thread has started asking what happened to the first thread.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 15-05-2024 at 12:55 PM.

Gally, the BBS owner, has found a reason for the non-Press Conference--

" There is a team in setting up the live stream for the women's game tonight and they pushed the wrong button".

Not sure why it was necessary to take down the thread. Just a matter of giving the explanation really. I always believe everything everybody says.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 15-05-2024 at 01:18 PM.

I saw it earlier and as soon as I read that Khaled was supposed to be involved I just take it that someone was up to a wind up & left it at that , I do not think there is anything to see in this one , more interesting is that Oostend look like they have gone well and truly bust & will cease to be, well done Conman !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I saw it earlier and as soon as I read that Khaled was supposed to be involved I just take it that someone was up to a wind up & left it at that , I do not think there is anything to see in this one , more interesting is that Oostend look like they have gone well and truly bust & will cease to be, well done Conman !!!
    I have always understood a "wind up" to be an intentional joke or tease or an intentional comment designed to provoke a reaction because of its nature (eg Nudge).

This to me was a straightforward, old fashioned c0ck up at BFC.

The c0ck up was further compounded by the announcement that the live stream was cancelled 20 mins after the kick off time. You couldn't make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I have always understood a "wind up" to be an intentional joke or tease or an intentional comment designed to provoke a reaction because of its nature (eg Nudge).

This to me was a straightforward, old fashioned c0ck up at BFC.

The c0ck up was further compounded by the announcement that the live stream was cancelled 20 mins after the kick off time. You couldn't make it up.
    You know my thoughts about the way we are being run , we are a joke and the live stream cancelling is another gaff to add to the list, embarrassing !! but I read the BBS and currently it is full of so called ITN contributors who are clearly trying to wind up and my belief on how I read it is that the press conference was another attempt of a wind up but that is only my opinion.