+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Oh no, not politics again (PLEASE DON'T LOOK IF EASILY OFFENDED)

Where did the this thread change tack?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Well it shouldn't be a party political issue, the whole idea of NOT paying due tax is disgraceful. However you opened with TM and JC comments, you set the scene for a semi-political response, then Mapperley chirped in with the Tory mates thing and on it went.
    Tax avoidance,tax breaks, tax relief should all be illegal. You make your money within this country and or from the population of this country (consumers or workers) you should be obliged to pay your due tax into this country. No argument.
    The opening post was lifted directly from today's online version of the Grauniad with some judicious editing.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Read the article. The Queen is exempt from tax but pays it voluntarily. The investment was by the Duchy of Lancaster, based upon advice, not by the Queen who would not have known about it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41878305
    And if the Queen didn't pay tax, there would be rioting on a grand scale. I don't expect her to do her own tax returns - like you and I do - but if she isn't aware that her advisors are using tax havens, she damned well should be and she should be arraigning them before her tomorrow. To the Tower with them.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I’m playing Arsehole Bingo, and seriouspie has just got me my HOUSE! by mentioning f00kin poppies.

My prize is he gets to tell me how Liz the benefits scrounger from Windsor “creates wealth”.
    If you don't know you're thicker than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Bloody hell, I thought the Poppy Police were yet another victim of Tory cuts, but it seems they're alive and well.
    As alive as the morons who show no respect for ALL servicemen who died in the war.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    As alive as the morons who show no respect for ALL servicemen who died in the war.
    Scruffy anti forces Steptoe has not got a clue. Our wonderful Queen is not obliged to pay tax, it’s voluntary. It’s time this Republican tramp spent more time sorting his own house out. Bloody conchie.

Does that include the Germans and Russians?

Leaving aside the Queen for a moment, and certainly party politics, isn’t this a question of morality? Technically, tax avoidance remains legal but only really because successive governments of both colours have failed to find a way of tackling what looks to be an incredibly difficult problem. If either party could wave a magic legislative wand it is clear that they would close the loopholes.
    One person’s tax dodge is another’s increase in tax or reduction in services. God knows I’m no fan of Corbyn but he struck the right mood when he said that unpaid tax is money which could otherwise be spent on education or hospitals. Might I add to that, providing better equipment to our armed services in conflict which both parties have failed to do (not least the new Defence Minister with his voting record).
    Someone mentioned that everyone would do it if they were rich enough. Surely they are the very people who don’t need to do it (leaving aside corporations whose prime responsibility is to their shareholders). For heaven’s sake how much more money do they need, how much more can they spend? I see little Lewis Hamilton, poor mite, felt the need to dodge a few more million. This is on top of him being so proud to be British he decided to be Swiss despite there being no discernible advantage to him being able to do his job. If it would save him a few quid I'm sure he would register as a martian.
    Why is it that morality goes out of the window when there is a petty buck to be made? Those who criticise others on here for a perceived lack of patriotism in some matters are perfectly happy to throw that aside when it can be justified with a few bob extra in the already bursting pocket. And back to the Queen. If she has anything about her she should fire those charged with investing her money in offshore trusts. It’s not really about the tax (as someone said, she is not obliged to pay tax and, belatedly in my opinion, offered to voluntarily years ago) but it surely is about investing in Britain. By doing this is her estate not really saying that patriotism is for other people?
    Last edited by them0uf; 06-11-2017 at 10:47 PM. Reason: too kind to hamilton, the little sh1t

Show respect for those who died in the war, yes. But not those who meddle in affairs hundreds of miles from Warmington on Sea and creates a refugee chain which eventually reaches these shores.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Does that include the Germans and Russians?
    Still waiting for an answer

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast