+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [TREVSHEADWONTHECUP

[TREVSHEADWONTHECUP

...this day 34 years ago!...and what a day it was!

Still remember the commentary...'oh its deflected of Brooking and gone in'!...no you plonker he actually stooped down and headed the ball in ball in!...and Willie Young's disgraceful hack job that only got a yellow.
    A truly great West Ham day!

re: [TREVSHEADWONTHECUP

i was there mate, bought tickets for me and a mate of mine from Glasgow on the day,

he's only a poor little Gunner...

A day to remember.

I couldn't get a ticket but the football club I played for were allocated two.

The committee were going to raffle them but out of 70 odd players only two of us were Hammers fans (I'd moved away by then) and not a single Gooner played for the club, so we were given the tickets.

The other bloke I barely knew but we went and celebrated afterwards parting at about 1am with assurances we were each others 'Best f##kin mate'

And that's the last major trophy we've won.

Time flies.

I was 7 but still clearly remember spending the last 5 minutes or so in my Dad's shed as I couldn't bare it... nothing much has changed really

I started supporting / following WHU that season. I remember thinking this is a great team to support FA Cup winners, promotion the next.
    Fu(k you WHU you gave me hope in 85/86 since then

Quote Originally Posted by Tone_Loc
    I was 7 but still clearly remember spending the last 5 minutes or so in my Dad's shed as I couldn't bare it... nothing much has changed really
    same as that! I couldn't stand it and spent the last ten in the garden I would have given my chopper away to go to that game

Yeah.a great day for the club..I went to a lot of games that season and it was a "Lucky Dip" who got tickets for the Semi and Final..My brothers voucher number came up twice,mine not at all..Was gutted.

They did it a bit fairer for the 1981 League Cup Final,by collecting vouchers for games you went to,so went to that.They were our glory days.The days in which I see West Ham play their best football,where we could beat anyone on our day.Would be great to see us competing in that way again.

Was 10 years old at the time missed most of the game as had to do the maypole dance down my junior school.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbubbles
    Was 10 years old at the time missed most of the game as had to do the maypole dance down my junior school.
    how's your luck mate

Quote Originally Posted by castiron
    how's your luck mate[/quote]

Its going very well, this year he's doing a Morris Dance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)