+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Old Mrs. May's fudge shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Actually, Mandy was putting forward an excellent argument over the weekend that the new, newer, newest TM plan might actually appeal to 50 or 60 Labour MPs who are sitting in Brexit constiuencies....thereby negating the extreme Tory Brexiteers when it comes to a Commons vote....obviously this depends on how Corby instructs his whips to align his troops.

Does he use an anti-Brexit humiliation to oust the Tories.....or boost his chances of a win further down the road by allowing the Labour "rebels" to back a Squidgy Brexit now, securing their seats against a possible new UKIP comeback?

Interesting times.
    Don't think old Mandy did say that, tarkers. Thought he just trashed it - said we'd be better off out completely
    Anyway, Mandy's too busy ''spending every day trying to bring Corbyn down'' to follow Brexit. It's tough work

Actually, Mandy was putting forward an excellent argument over the weekend that the new, newer, newest TM plan might actually appeal to 50 or 60 Labour MPs who are sitting in Brexit constiuencies....thereby negating the extreme Tory Brexiteers when it comes to a Commons vote....obviously this depends on how Corby instructs his whips to align his troops.

Does he use an anti-Brexit humiliation to oust the Tories.....or boost his chances of a win further down the road by allowing the Labour "rebels" to back a Squidgy Brexit now, securing their seats against a possible new UKIP comeback?

Interesting times.
    Not going to happen, May is caving to the ERG as we speak.

This lady is for turning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post

Yeah, like 'no General Election'. She survives in office day by day. Have we ever had a weaker PM?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1...ommons-defeat/

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Yeah, like 'no General Election'. She survives in office day by day. Have we ever had a weaker PM?
    Major maybe? It's the curse of the 'small majority', often terms of office such as these, are a poison chalice and often see a 'sea change' in the way that people vote.

Labour 79?
    Tories 97?
    Last edited by countygump; 16-07-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Major maybe? It's the curse of the 'small majority', often terms of office such as these, are a poison chalice and often see a 'sea change' in the way that people vote.

Labour 79?
    Tories 97?
    Suppose so, but this PM looks like an old badger caught in a poacher's trap. Not having much fun at all

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Don't think old Mandy did say that, tarkers. Thought he just trashed it - said we'd be better off out completely
    Anyway, Mandy's too busy ''spending every day trying to bring Corbyn down'' to follow Brexit. It's tough work
    Mmmmmm....maybe it was the speed with which I read it.....my thought from the article were (a) TM was running down the clock to get as close to "full-time" as possible (b) 50 or 60 Labour MPs in Brexit seats might support her at the last minute to avoid "extra time" and possibly pennos.....(c) he was trashing the idea that this was good for the country, because it would effectively leave us "joined at the hip" to the EU BUT WITHOUT ANY VOTE in the direction in which the good ship SS EuroDomination was headed.

No matter, it was an interesting argument from a former Labour "insider".

Mmmmmm....maybe it was the speed with which I read it.....my thought from the article were (a) TM was running down the clock to get as close to "full-time" as possible (b) 50 or 60 Labour MPs in Brexit seats might support her at the last minute to avoid "extra time" and possibly pennos.....(c) he was trashing the idea that this was good for the country, because it would effectively leave us "joined at the hip" to the EU BUT WITHOUT ANY VOTE in the direction in which the good ship SS EuroDomination was headed.

No matter, it was an interesting argument from a former Labour "insider".
    You're reading's probably spot on, I just saw the headlines and skimmed through it.

What's interesting about this cave-in to the ERM that's going on now is whether or not it kills off 'Chequers'.
    At a minimum, it's going to make it harder for the EU to accept. 'Reciprocal arrangements' for collecting duties? Would this oblige many of the 27 countries to set up new agencies and systems to collect monies for us? Well out of my depth here, but word is that it'll be a deal breaker.

I thought the forum was for discussion and debate?

ie "Jones is a ****e defender" is not really a discussion or debate......it is a combination of 21 keyboard strikes that merely expresses a random opinion....of course you can type that on here, but it doesn't really amount to anything apart from "keyboard warrior A dislikes the footballer B"....WHAT WAS THE POINT OF TELLING US THIS?....zero out of 10

Now, if you typed "Jones IMO is terrific at overlapping wingplay, and allows Grant to cut into the outside corner of the box, however, his defensive frailties are often exposed by oppo pacey wingers....and I fear, on balance, that Dicko is a better and more solid defender"......excellent effort 8 out of 10
    Oops, looks like another addition to you growing list of 'epic fails' tarquin! It was only yesterday I posted this on that very subject:

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Have to agree with you on Jones, too often he looks like an accident waiting to happen. His big problem is his positional play, he regularly gives his winger yards of space and time to run at him. Jones has some good qualities, but for me he is the weak link at the back.

How can you have a Chequers Agreement which is designed to reflect “the will of the people” and then allow 4 amendments to it?

Anyone would think that no one knows what the “will of the people” really is.

Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast