+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Dyer View Post
    So why are you continuously trying to use those 2 being injured as justification for being unable to compete against the might of Greenock Morton and 2nd bottom Falkirk??
    Am I? Tell you what I'm not doing and that's completely discounting it as a factor.

Also, Livingstone are now above United in the league on goal difference ( we have a game in hand over Livi ) - but we are now 3rd in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Dyer View Post
    Injuries don't explain playing a left back at right back when you have an actual RB on the bench.
    Injuries don't explain playing Scott McDonald in midfield.
    Injuries don't explain our complete lack of fight when we go a goal behind.
    Injuries don't explain our inability to find a team mate with a 5 yard pass.
    Injuries don't explain playing a (extremely poor) midfielder at RB when we have an actual RB fully fit.
    Injuries don't explain playing 30, 1 yard passes about our own box before launching the ball out of play.
    Injuries don't explain the fact we've scored the same amount of goals away from home as Brechin.

Ken what does explain all of the above? A shyte manager and dreadful coaching, that's what!
    To be honest, I think injuries explain quite a few of those things.

How off topic is this thread BTW!

I find myself agreeing with Danny D. We have a more than good enough squad for this division.

Players we have available should still be top.

Hard to avoid the conclusion the wheels have completely fallen off under Shabba.

I’d prefer Laurie to end of season.

Real risk we are going to miss out on even play offs the way things are going

Quote Originally Posted by arab_pat View Post
    Well Jack Ross has rejected Barnsley anyway
    Indeed he has, and we've appointed Jose Morais today. No Ive not heard of him either but our club are now suggesting he was always first choice anyway and he was apparently at the Fowls game last Satdy, regardless of what Jack Ross says. Its all PR talk lol.
    I know St Mirren were disappointed when we signed Steve Mallan from them, I think they would have taken us off their christmas cards list if we'd taken their manager as well!.

There's no doubting that Fyvie & Frasers injuries have hampered us but that's only 2 players so it shouldn't have done the damage that it has but that's if we didn't already have lots of injured players out too. I honestly cant remember so many players out with long & medium term injuries in all the days ive watched us.

Its far too early to call for the managers head imo hes not that long in the job FFS. What he does need to do is cut out the needless rambling & over zealous hand movements . I sat right behind at hospo v Livi & what he was doing was pointless, it was just for show.

On a side note the Tele saying Edge, Scobbie, Quinn & maybe even Briels back for Livi away next week. Fraser's cast is off but won't be rushed back and Keatings hip surgery went well but won't play again this season.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    How off topic is this thread BTW!

I find myself agreeing with Danny D. We have a more than good enough squad for this division.

Players we have available should still be top.

Hard to avoid the conclusion the wheels have completely fallen off under Shabba.

I’d prefer Laurie to end of season.

Real risk we are going to miss out on even play offs the way things are going
    LSA you're not going to get Laurie Ellis til the end of the season, don't even think about it.
    There will be no managerial change this season & your man's 2nd in command anyway. He must be putting his tuppence worth in constantly, telling Shabba how he achieved two wins out of two & is the most successful manager in DUFC history alongside Bobby McKay in 1939 (100% record also, 2 wins out of 2, Billy Dodds was one out of one).
    But seriously let's trust the team to improve from here & make the play-offs comfortably & then the excitement.
    Well we can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Instead of strengthening in January, we had to do a more patchwork job, were never going to replace the quality of Fyvie and Fraser (both prem quality easily)
    Absolute nonsense.

Scott Fraser was and remains MILES off Premiership standard. Too lightweight, not quick enough. Half our support wanted him punted in January just before his purple patch. Not good enough.

Fraser Fyvie has been bouncing around the Scottish Championship for 4 successive seasons, struggles to play enough games through injury and is, IMO, too small to effectively dominate a Premiership midfield like he can in the Championship.

They are our 2 best players but are nowhere near the level you suggest, which in and of itself is terrifying.

We are a club at the moment from top to bottom that is terminally phucked. Fyvie and Fraser or not , this is the most spineless pile of phish we've had for 60 years .We'll do well to make the play-offs . If we do get to the final we would get royally pumped by premiership team anyway.

Agree with you on everything except I’m hoping we might somehow sneak it up in the play offs

Hamilton and those around them are not that amazing and in a couple of one offs I hope we can somehow do it

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)