+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: DFCSS membership

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Its easier to moan on here.

Takes little effort.
    And it's free

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    What a cheek.
    If I was making decisions on our club’s future I would be doing so for the long term benefit of Dundee FC not for the short term ownership by a company from across the pond who are likely to sell the new development in several years time to another property company or hedge fund.
    However I currently have a lot more to worry about such as the ‘NHS ticking time bomb’ which caused the death of my brother two years ago at the age of 56.
    It didn’t stop you refusing to discuss what was said at meeting , it’s my ball and your not getting to play !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    I very much doubt anyone but the paranoid/brain-washed/natural worriers amongst the DFCSS membership have worried about a merger with United, not since DFCSS started stirring it up for unknown reasons. Anyway, DFC Ltd will naturally survive as it possesses the Premiership share
    DFCSS 'stirred it up' by releasing a statement to its members the wording of which was agreed by the club did they?

OK then.

My first post in a lot of years but am a daily viewer of this forum (actually forgot I had this login!)

Firstly I’m a cynic in general and have no affiliation to either “side” in this debate.

One question I would ask though on the likelihood of FPS using the A shares to effect a merger is, if you are building an asset and want tenants to pay the running costs of that asset as well as contributing to your pension pot/investment portfolio, would it not be sensible to have 2 mediocre tenants renting either side of ground with both these tenants generating revenue every week (even at average weekly crowds of 4,500-5,000) or have 1 “merged” tenant which may or may be successful and will not generate significant crowds for a generation?

They are businessmen not football men, football is just a means to an end with a captive paying customer base they are looking at how to maximise revenue from this.

Nelms is Keyes man on the ground so he’s going nowhere as they’ll not trust anyone else with their money (with good reason in Scottish football!). Unfortunately Nelms just isn’t very good at football decisions which is mainly what’s costing them at the moment.

Doh! not a great start this should’ve been in the other thread oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    DFCSS 'stirred it up' by releasing a statement to its members the wording of which was agreed by the club did they?

OK then.
    3% of the fanbase notified, the rest left to wonder what was going on especially with the DFCSS statement being contradicted by the club. This has been going on for a year, not according to DFCSS, though. Why don't you just go collect your toys from the pavement and grow up.

Why don't you just go collect your toys from the pavement and grow up.
    Oh dear.

Ignoring the substance of the post, again. Are you sure you're in the right place? "In January 2017, during a minuted meeting with the Supporters Society, the club owners informed the Society of their plan to acquire a 75%+ shareholding in the club through a share issue. ". No meeting minuted on the DFCSS website, yet again. Dishonest as ever.

Ignoring the substance of the post, again. Are you sure you're in the right place? "In January 2017, during a minuted meeting with the Supporters Society, the club owners informed the Society of their plan to acquire a 75%+ shareholding in the club through a share issue. ". No meeting minuted on the DFCSS website, yet again. Dishonest as ever.
    You're either very naive or deliberately ignoring the obvious.

Was this meeting a DFCSS board meeting or was it a club / FPS initiated meeting? Just because it was a meeting with the society it does not automatically make it a DFCSS board meeting. The meeting is stated by the club / FPS as having been minuted, leads me to think that this was probably a club / FPS meeting rather than a DFCSS board meeting - although obviously this was not made clear in the statement. Why would the board of DFCSS take and publish a minute of someone else's meeting to which one or more of their number may have been invited? Are the club / FPS offering to show the minutes if this meeting? Didn't think so.

DFCSS are required to minute their board meetings and the minutes of any related committees and nothing else. And yet DFCSS are completely in the wrong for not publishing the minutes of a meeting that they probably had no requirement to keep minutes of?

Club / FPS say something was said in a minuted meeting but fail to say where and when it was held or who was in attendance (other than 'the supporters' society') but are automatically to be believed?

Seriously?
    Last edited by Deeranged; 15-01-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Not bothered reading your post, you've made it clear you want FPS gone, and DFCSS back in, is that the plan? There is a statement on the club website which contradicts the DFCSS statement. Look forward to DFCSS clarifying their statement.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)