+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Jeremy corbyn

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    There are millions in this country who would love to be on that sort of money GM.
    There are many more Roly who would like to earn over £150k a year rather than £50k.

My point is that in many areas of the country £50 is an average wage, many NHS works earn more than twice this

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    That's pretty much it. The fact that Farage is saying that he would like employers to be able to waive this legal obligation to demonstrate equal opportunities (I do loads of interviews, it's not a lot and you can still choose the best person for the job regardless of race - I've not once had to justify my choices be legal challenge) just for local "UK born" people, to discriminate in their favour, for me is a trait of far right politics going by the definition.

On balance, I think that I am persuaded by the views that he is not a demonstrably far right politician (as Batton clearly is/was) but he does have revealing slips. But centre right BL? Do me a favour! But he does run a party that has demonstrably attracted a large following of both far and extreme right supporters. Are they his useful idiots, or is he theirs?
    Far right by definition? Is that the Wikipedia definition that you had to torture to make your point?

As for extreme and far right supporters, do you include Exile and animal in that number? Bear in mind that you absolved animal of wanting to expel Muslims from the UK when you both worshipped at the altar of Corbyn.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Far right by definition? Is that the Wikipedia definition that you had to torture to make your point?

As for extreme and far right supporters, do you include Exile and animal in that number? Bear in mind that you absolved animal of wanting to expel Muslims from the UK when you both worshipped at the altar of Corbyn.
    What in the definition are you disagreeing with?

I would agree that many people that we would not normally consider far/extreme views demonstrate them in a divisive and 'blame rich' times such as these. I haven't absolved anyone of anything, I just go by what I read from people in the time that I've been on here. They have to account for their views. I've already told you that if those views were repeated as they were then, I think you know that I would be the first to challenge them.

You are the one that are inflicting terms such as 'worshipping'. I would call it supporting, certainly in a change of direction away from the overtly centrist direction of the last 20+ years. If you want to call this 'worshipping' that's up to you pal.
    Last edited by ragingpup; 11-06-2019 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    There are many more Roly who would like to earn over £150k a year rather than £50k.

My point is that in many areas of the country £50 is an average wage, many NHS works earn more than twice this
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...um-wage-report

Doesn't exactly support your argument gm
    & how many is many

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    What in the definition are you disagreeing with?

I would agree that many people that we would not normally consider far/extreme views demonstrate them in a divisive and 'blame rich' times such as these. I haven't absolved anyone of anything, I just go by what I read from people in the time that I've been on here. They have to account for their views. I've already told you that if those views were repeated as they were then, I think you know that I would be the first to challenge them.

You are the one that are inflicting terms such as 'worshipping'. I would call it supporting, certainly in a change of direction away from the overtly centrist direction of the last 20+ years. If you want to call this 'worshipping' that's up to you pal.
    raging he is quite prepared to enter into convoluted points which you should be well aware of by now but for some odd reason is unable to answer a simple question [also you should be aware of by now] of if he placed his own money on his man Raab for PM [as he advised the rest of us to do]
    I think he did place his own money on his man Raab but is afraid to say so for fear of being wrong [his overwhelming fear in his world]
    Would much prefer to fence sit & then step forward when the muddied waters become a little clearer
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 11-06-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    The highest rate of tax is 45% above £150k not the 40% above £50,001 which now isnt a massive wage
    Dont get your point gm? Its still a tax break for highet rate tax payers.

He could have increased the tax free allowance that would benefit all - or spent it on the nhs and schools.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Dont get your point gm? Its still a tax break for highet rate tax payers.

He could have increased the tax free allowance that would benefit all - or spent it on the nhs and schools.
    Stop making sense WCM that would never do

Really suprised Kerr isn't on to this in the same way he is with Corbyn on tuition fees.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Really suprised Kerr isn't on to this in the same way he is with Corbyn on tuition fees.
    Funny you should say that, Wan. When I saw the Boris announcement yesterday, I reflected upon the different style of bribes to the middle classes and their costs. Around £9.5bn for the tax band alteration and £11bn for abolishing tuition fees with better ways to use that money for both.

Wage growth in the country and the failure to keep up with it means that the higher rate tax band is catching far more people than it was ever intended to and I agree with the stance that taxation generally should be as low as possible, but this isn't the right time for an alteration to the tax band (and I say that as someone who would benefit from it).

I wonder how many of the 160,000 conservative members who will choose our next PM stand to personally gain from Boris's tax cut offer? Might this be a good reason for his tactic?

Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast