+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newark Town v Notts Co (Senior Cup)

Newark Town v Notts Co (Senior Cup)

So tonight we are in action tonight against Newark Town in the Notts Senior Cup at the YMCA sports village in Newark. Kick Off 7:45pm.

Adults £3
    Confessions £2
    Under 16’s free

Let’s put recent disappointments such as Woking, Hartlepool and the postponement of Fylde behind us.

Are we going to do like what Liverpool did in the replay against Shrewbury whereby the manager and first team do not attend?

Who will we get in the next round if we win and it’s a big if?

Will the game get called off at 07:30pm?

For all those crying out for fringe and youth to be given a chance perhaps this is your opportunity to see them in action?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    So tonight we are in action tonight against Newark Town in the Notts Senior Cup at the YMCA sports village in Newark. Kick Off 7:45pm.

Adults £3
    Confessions £2
    Under 16’s free

Let’s put recent disappointments such as Woking, Hartlepool and the postponement of Fylde behind us.

Are we going to do like what Liverpool did in the replay against Shrewbury whereby the manager and first team do not attend?

Who will we get in the next round if we win and it’s a big if?

Will the game get called off at 07:30pm?

For all those crying out for fringe and youth to be given a chance perhaps this is your opportunity to see them in action?
    It costs two quid for admittance if you confess?

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Good spot!

Won 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    . Well we won 3-1 as mentioned with notable players such as Bird, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Howes playing with the rest of the side made up of what I presume to be youth players?

Ardley could do worse than to look at Keiron Cummings and Tyreace Palmer.Two good prospects who have played well and scored goals all season.Give them a taste of the first team environment and at least put them on the bench.

Far too positive for Ardley tho',they'll probably get farmed out on loan somewhere and get snapped up by someone else and then score against us.

. Well we won 3-1 as mentioned with notable players such as Bird, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Howes playing with the rest of the side made up of what I presume to be youth players?

And a vid!!!

https://twitter.com/Official_NCFC/st...81100877709317

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    Ardley could do worse than to look at Keiron Cummings and Tyreace Palmer.Two good prospects who have played well and scored goals all season.Give them a taste of the first team environment and at least put them on the bench.

Far too positive for Ardley tho',they'll probably get farmed out on loan somewhere and get snapped up by someone else and then score against us.
    With only 5 subs in this league you can't afford to stick kids on the bench just to "give them a taste of the first team environment"

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    With only 5 subs in this league you can't afford to stick kids on the bench just to "give them a taste of the first team environment"
    From what I saw last night we have some good youth players and some look like good prospects. One thing that was noticeable was physically comparing some to the likes of Bird and Oxclade Chamberlain whilst some were likely a few years younger they were much smaller. I felt some may need to be given time to develop physically before they maybe given a chance in the first team.

Of course not all footballers need to be over 6ft and build like a brick outhouse, as you can be small but technically very good and that’s what some may turn out to be. What we have to remember is the National League is quite physical and some at this point in time would get bullied and flattened. So the manager and coaches have to make judgements on that as well.

From what I saw last night we have some good youth players and some look like good prospects. One thing that was noticeable was physically comparing some to the likes of Bird and Oxclade Chamberlain whilst some were likely a few years younger they were much smaller. I felt some may need to be given time to develop physically before they maybe given a chance in the first team.

Of course not all footballers need to be over 6ft and build like a brick outhouse, as you can be small but technically very good and that’s what some may turn out to be. What we have to remember is the National League is quite physical and some at this point in time would get bullied and flattened. So the manager and coaches have to make judgements on that as well.
    I agree.
    Enjoyed the game last night & also enjoying this competition so far as it gives young players the chance to play against more stronger/physical players.
    What was nice to see was Notts slick passing unlike the chuckle bros style of play(2u2me) the 1st team serve up in there own half most games.
    Decent crowd over 700 on a bitterly cold night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast