+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Dover Athletic 18.01.20

If we're playing against a team that wants to play yer actual football then we do fine, Ardley's set up works, but if we are playing against spoilers like Dover were, it doesn't. Dover knew how to disrupt an attack and take an advantage of a useless referee but we tried playing football and it wasn't working, two shots on target all game shows it wasn't working. We need another midfielder similar in style to Doyle with the brains to think on his feet and alter play as the game develops.

We'll see how Ardley uses O'Brien when he's fit again. I just hope one of our home-grown lads isn't needlessly shoved aside to make way.

We'll see how Ardley uses O'Brien when he's fit again. I just hope one of our home-grown lads isn't needlessly shoved aside to make way.

He won't drop Rose no matter what

There's not much point posting on here now unless you are an Ardley sycophant. He's had a great run and the players have done well but it's only what they should be doing anyway in this league with the squad they have and yet he's the new Klopp now. That's what he should be doing, he should be in the top three in this league and if he's not he's underachieving.

I've not been posting because notts have been doing well, anyone who thinks any notts supporter wants them to lose are simple. I've not been posting because unless you tow the new party line laddo leaps on you like a tramp on chips. He even congratulated himself on a pre match thread post game for staying positive. What a cnut. Oh and I don't know how old you are but please for everyone's sake including your own stop using lol, you're either a 12 year old girl or an incel.

I won't be awaiting your reply as you're a d!ck.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    There's not much point posting on here now unless you are an Ardley sycophant. He's had a great run and the players have done well but it's only what they should be doing anyway in this league with the squad they have and yet he's the new Klopp now. That's what he should be doing, he should be in the top three in this league and if he's not he's underachieving.

I've not been posting because notts have been doing well, anyone who thinks any notts supporter wants them to lose are simple. I've not been posting because unless you tow the new party line laddo leaps on you like a tramp on chips. He even congratulated himself on a pre match thread post game for staying positive. What a cnut. Oh and I don't know how old you are but please for everyone's sake including your own stop using lol, you're either a 12 year old girl or an incel.

I don't always agree with you crazy but I've always enjoyed your posts, honest and to the point.

I missed the game yesterday but judging by the post match reports and comments on here it sounds like it was one of those typical games whereby the opposition turn up and park the bus.

It sounds like Dover were poor, however on the whole they have a brilliant away record so they are obviously doing something right on the road which seems to be defending and being a tough side to break down. Content to let home side do all the work and they either nick a goal and get the win on the counter or go home with at least a draw.

It sounds like Notts could have perhaps created more and fans are left feeling a bit frustrated that we could not break them down.

I think this kind of game and the fact it’s another draw will typify our season in some respects. If we had converted 3 of our 12 draws to wins then we would be right up there knocking on the door of the title. Only Barrow have lost the same amount of games as us. So if we can’t beat these kind of teams then at least getting a point is better than losing. There will no doubt be more games like the Dover game yesterday.

It is one area we probably need to try and work on and that’s breaking teams down who park the bus. Do that and we will be an unstoppable force.

Let’s look at the positives, we keep our unbeaten run going and it’s another clean sheet. This is invaluable and the clean sheet is what wins titles. (Although in our case it maybe what gets us 2nd or 3rd place)

The bigger picture is we are six points behind 3rd place Yeovil with a game in hand so it’s far from doom and gloom. 2nd or 3rd has to be the target as automatic promotion is gone in my opinion. We are more than within the mix of finishing top 3.

Getting to the very top is more dependent on Barrow hitting a bad run than our own form. They haven't even stuttered once yet so it's keep going for a top 3 finish rather than 4 to 7. At least that reduces the playoff pressure

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    So Alan Hardy was a disaster as chairman, other than in his final choice as manager, which was fantastic. Ok. Lolz etc etc.
    Again I've never said that BFP, please don't fall into the trap of making things up.

I never thought Ardley was a fantastic signing at the time, or now. By that point, our 3rd manager in a single season remember (nice one Alan that will work wonders!) I was just shaking my head in disbelief that one of the pre season favourites for the title were in fact in a relegation battle near the bottom of the table.

Was he not a disaster as a Chairman? Or was it just his second season at the helm was a disaster?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post

You've been awaiting for a reply sweetheart haven't you? That isn't the reason at all you little fibber you. You prefer to moan than praise, like many. It's not so much a criticism , like I said it's what NCM and many club messageboards are used for. No doubt Mansfield's Towns version is pretty similar and very popular right now. It's nowt new.

The irony regarding the 'leaps on you like a tramp on chips' line !! Please tell me you wrote that in a self aware and tongue in cheek way? Isn't that what happens every time we didn't win during the bad run in Nov and early December?

Either that, or we have another challenger for dumbest poster on here. I bet BFP and others can't believe their luck.

Incredible Jeff , incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I missed the game yesterday but judging by the post match reports and comments on here it sounds like it was one of those typical games whereby the opposition turn up and park the bus.
    To some extent it was, although Dover did enough going forward to suggest they could steal a 0-1 win against the run of play if we had switched off at any moment.

The reality is that Dover have an outstanding away record, so whilst it would have been ideal to get 3 points, it's not a game where 1 point and a clean sheet is unacceptable. Some of our promotion rivals will (or already have had a) struggle to get a win at home against these opponents, so it's a case of take what's on offer and carry on.

I thought we played some decent stuff yesterday, sometimes at quite a good tempo with one-touch passing. At other times we played additional, unnecessary passes when better forward passes were on, which has been our problem all season, but we're not overplaying as often as we were a few months ago. I think the team is more forward-thinking than before, not least because Alex Lacey can see and play a decent forward ball from defence.

The type of football we're wanting to play relies on repetition and instinct and if we keep a settled group of players it will get better and better over time, but we're already unbeaten in nine games so there's every reason to be optimistic.
    Last edited by jackal2; 19-01-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Mad Magpie is far too positive and factually correct for this place, get rid

We should be talking about the game and result in here not resorting to the use of nasty words.

Like I said disappointing result, disappointing performance. Mad Magpie is right, a real weakness of Notts is breaking down defensively set up well organised side which is a worry when you have such attacking options.

However he's also right the unbeaten run is extended, another clean sheet which were all too rare not long ago , in fact the defensive unit and keeper look really good recently and have improved massively during Dec/Jan. Great to be strong at the back , provides a good foundation to improve other areas.

Things can obviously change as we've seen with the Pies but we are looking play off bound, question is where within the interesting play off system. As highlighted recently where you finish is hugely important to your chances of success.

Only a month and half ago , the playoffs were on the verge on being out of reach. Let's stay positive folks

COYP

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast