+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pull your heads in

Pull your heads in

Seeing alot of people turn on Lascalles.

Pull ya heads in.

No, you're right.

Our captain backs the man who is going to net us three relegations in 11 years-plus everything else-and takes sides against fans who want to protest about this but we should all say nothing about it.

Righto.

Quote Originally Posted by nufcwelsh93 View Post
    Seeing alot of people turn on Lascalles.

Pull ya heads in.
    Why?

Too many of our supporters (looks like you´re one of them) let sh*t happen at our club and do and say nothing. Lascelles has just had his 5 year contracted extended by a year meaning more money for him and more for the club when he is sold. Two minutes later he´s out defending our heavily under fire owner.

Work it out FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Why?

Too many of our supporters (looks like you´re one of them) let sh*t happen at our club and do and say nothing. Lascelles has just had his 5 year contracted extended by a year meaning more money for him and more for the club when he is sold. Two minutes later he´s out defending our heavily under fire owner.

Work it out FFS.
    has he not just judged ashley on one meeting ? did he not say that ashleys business acumen wasn't very good ?
    was there a poster on here (currently banned) who when met face to face with others was "ok"?

has he not said that while fans protesting at SD may not think they are harming the team it is in the teams mind?

indeed if a lot of fans were to have an evening with ashley they might find him "all right" on a personnal level but question his business plans - we just don,t know do we?

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Why?

Work it out FFS.

Turning on our captain now ffs, yes he may have made some comments that supporters don't like, but if we go down this road then its the end. We must keep up the pressure on the fat controller, Ashley would love it if we turned on Lascelles instead of him, dont give him the satisfaction. Im just glad I wont be at the next home game, its getting toxic !

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Turning on our captain now ffs, yes he may have made some comments that supporters don't like, but if we go down this road then its the end. We must keep up the pressure on the fat controller, Ashley would love it if we turned on Lascelles instead of him, dont give him the satisfaction. Im just glad I wont be at the next home game, its getting toxic !
    I know where you're coming from, Tino..but we've put up with so much shit from Bishop's cronies in the media about how unrealistic and ungrateful we are and how much 'Mike' has tried to help us, that to hear it from our captain is just a slap in the face.

What doesn't help is that a few months ago he was perfectly happy to rock the boat, saying he didn't understand why Ashley wasn't backing Rafa and making the players refuse to talk to the media....yet as soon as he gets a few extra quid, he comes out and says the stuff he has??

And make no mistake, on the surface a call for unity would normally be a case of 'well, aye, he's right', but in the current context, it's a dig at the fans who are trying-rightly or wrongly (and I think rightly) to do something about the 'nice guy' ruining our club.

After this, I agree, things will get toxic and the worst part is that it will become toxic between fans. Up until now, most supporters have been behind the players and Rafa because the lack of investment means that there are valid reasons for what they're witnessing on the pitch. But, they've got away with some shocking performances on the back of that and what Lascelles has done is to draw the players into the firing line-when he absolutely didn't need to.

Fans' patience is at breaking point and this has pushed some over the edge. We're falling out about it on here and it will be no different at the game. It always gets nasty in relegation seasons as tempers boil over and this might be our 'the emperor has no clothes' moment for a lot of fans.

There's trouble ahead. In the stands as well as on the pitch. Lascelles' comments might seem inconsequential to some but it only takes a spark to light a fire.

He has met him once in all the time he has been here.Decided he is a nice man.Okay.He was instructed to say what he did.Still a kunt for saying it though.
    The big picture here is to get Ashley out.Thats what the protests are about.We need to put 110 percent into that.Phuck everyone else at the club that might say or do anything we might not like.
    Look at managers before Rafa.All licked the fat kunts ar5e.We have had one dedicate good results to him.It all takes the pressure off one man and the goal is to put the pressure on and keep it on until he is gone.
    Don't forget that and don't lose sight of that.

Ashley OUT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I know where you're coming from, Tino..but we've put up with so much shit from Bishop's cronies in the media about how unrealistic and ungrateful we are and how much 'Mike' has tried to help us, that to hear it from our captain is just a slap in the face.

What doesn't help is that a few months ago he was perfectly happy to rock the boat, saying he didn't understand why Ashley wasn't backing Rafa and making the players refuse to talk to the media....yet as soon as he gets a few extra quid, he comes out and says the stuff he has??

And make no mistake, on the surface a call for unity would normally be a case of 'well, aye, he's right', but in the current context, it's a dig at the fans who are trying-rightly or wrongly (and I think rightly) to do something about the 'nice guy' ruining our club.

After this, I agree, things will get toxic and the worst part is that it will become toxic between fans. Up until now, most supporters have been behind the players and Rafa because the lack of investment means that there are valid reasons for what they're witnessing on the pitch. But, they've got away with some shocking performances on the back of that and what Lascelles has done is to draw the players into the firing line-when he absolutely didn't need to.

Fans' patience is at breaking point and this has pushed some over the edge. We're falling out about it on here and it will be no different at the game. It always gets nasty in relegation seasons as tempers boil over and this might be our 'the emperor has no clothes' moment for a lot of fans.

There's trouble ahead. In the stands as well as on the pitch. Lascelles' comments might seem inconsequential to some but it only takes a spark to light a fire.
    If your right Zip,then Bishop has done a good job.Dont let that be the case.We can't let that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    If your right Zip,then Bishop has done a good job.Dont let that be the case.We can't let that happen.
    The fat cnut wants us to turn on the players to take the pressure away from him man, don't let this work, Lascelles is our captain, and I don't believe what he said warrants this reaction if im honest, the only reason hes extended his contract is so the fat controller can get more money for him in either jan or summer. If we want to keep him here, we need to back him on the field, not boo him, if that's what happens, i pray to god it doesn't, its THE worst thing to experience for fans, me anyway, ive never done it, and never would.Ashleys plan is working, hes got the fans fighting amongst themselves and forgetting about the REAL ISSUE, HIM!

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    The fat cnut wants us to turn on the players to take the pressure away from him man, don't let this work, Lascelles is our captain, and I don't believe what he said warrants this reaction if im honest, the only reason hes extended his contract is so the fat controller can get more money for him in either jan or summer. If we want to keep him here, we need to back him on the field, not boo him, if that's what happens, i pray to god it doesn't, its THE worst thing to experience for fans, me anyway, ive never done it, and never would.Ashleys plan is working, hes got the fans fighting amongst themselves and forgetting about the REAL ISSUE, HIM!
    It's a classic case of 'divide and conquer', Tino.

No, I won't boo him...but I've changed my opinion of him. Unless he's so thick he doesn't realise the implications and ramifications of what he's said then it's a calculated move to support Ashley. Given how shit they've been, it's not a wise move for any of them to get involved.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)