+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: This hurts

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    The trouble is that you get used to it and a sort of numbness sets
    Exactly this - I find i rarely get excited before a game anymore these days, even less do i go looking to see if i can watch it somewhere, just keep up to date on phone.

Sad, sad times.

The trouble is that you get used to it and a sort of numbness sets it so that even a thrashing is taken with a shrug of the shoulders, as is a defeat at home by a so called lesser team that a couple of seasons ago you would have looked at as almost three banker points.

It's not going to change until a new owner comes up with a silly high offer that would make even fatty jump.
    Good post, Pat.

The trouble is that you get used to it and a sort of numbness sets it so that even a thrashing is taken with a shrug of the shoulders, as is a defeat at home by a so called lesser team that a couple of seasons ago you would have looked at as almost three banker points.

It's not going to change until a new owner comes up with a silly high offer that would make even fatty jump.
    Absolutely spot on,I just hope blind loyalty wont see us relegated.How many times until the end of the season will people be happy losing only 1 nil.

This would of been a good post if you hadn't posted it on a thread what's clearly stating how gutting it is when we take a thrashing. The only people who shrug there shoulders to that are the exact people who were all aiming the little digs at me for saying what I thought yesterday. And theres proof of that in the thread for the Leicester game, people acting like kids giving it the old I'm not watching anyway, I've got better things to do, couldn't carless about the result or comments of that nature. Well if that's the case why come on a Newcastle Utd forum? Seriously why? I used to really like it on here but nowadays it's the same small bunch of posters and its nothing but repetitive negativity. Even to the point we are not allowed to be happy with beating manure because there not in form oh yeah and add Tottenham to that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    This would of been a good post if you hadn't posted it on a thread what's clearly stating how gutting it is when we take a thrashing. The only people who shrug there shoulders to that are the exact people who were all aiming the little digs at me for saying what I thought yesterday. And theres proof of that in the thread for the Leicester game, people acting like kids giving it the old I'm not watching anyway, I've got better things to do, couldn't carless about the result or comments of that nature. Well if that's the case why come on a Newcastle Utd forum? Seriously why? I used to really like it on here but nowadays it's the same small bunch of posters and its nothing but repetitive negativity. Even to the point we are not allowed to be happy with beating manure because there not in form oh yeah and add Tottenham to that as well.

I want to see The Toon win as much as anyone I’ve supported them since 1959

I watched the full game yesterday but it was dire the only positive was that Dubravka kept the score down to one nil

We have no structure whatsoever and the only decent defender on there yesterday was Schar

Joelinton and Almeiron Wee anonymous yesterday, the two brothers a shift in and that was about it.

If the truth was known we were also rubbish under Rafa but he managed to keep us up last season and that’s all you can say about it.

It’s pointless knocking Bruce as he is not the real problem and everyone knows that. I fear we will be relegated this season but for me I wouldn’t be too bothered as we haven’t got the players to compete in this league.

Watching Joelinton at £40 million has me scratching my head as it’s not like Ashley to throw money away. There was a far better centre forward in Giroud sitting on Chelsea’s bench.

I don't know what people are panicking for.
    We've played 9 games under a new manager who's had to chop and change a squad to see what's got more potential. It's a work in motion and will be all season.
    However, we went to Chelsea and were in the game until Alonso scored.

We've got a few players who need to get up to speed and looking at it from that point of view, I'd say it bodes well for the season to see that we've got plenty of potential quality to come to the fore, assuming they manage to get into a pattern from Bruce's mindset.

8 points from 9 games isn't anything special but it isn't anything to worry about considering we've played a lot of big teams.

Tottenham are considered a club in crisis and they sit in 7th place, 4 points ahead of us.
    Everton lost their last 4 games on the trot and managed a win against West Ham who appear to be fine, or were.
    Look at all the clubs. It's a game of swings and roundabouts for most.
    There's little consistency and 4 points separates us from 7th place.

Bottom 3 does not tell any real story under a new manager, after 9 games.

We're no more expected to go to Chelsea and come away with a win than most of the teams in the league, yet we gave a good account of ourselves when you look at it.

Bruce needs time and considering what he had to come into I'd say he deserves the time. If we had zero points at this stage then I'd be a bit panicky.
    We have 8 and we're expected to be relegated by some fans who've already given up and some who've apparently given up over the last 12 years and pretend it hurts.
    What a load of old cobblers.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I don't know what people are panicking for.
    We've played 9 games under a new manager who's had to chop and change a squad to see what's got more potential. It's a work in motion and will be all season.
    However, we went to Chelsea and were in the game until Alonso scored.

We've got a few players who need to get up to speed and looking at it from that point of view, I'd say it bodes well for the season to see that we've got plenty of potential quality to come to the fore, assuming they manage to get into a pattern from Bruce's mindset.

8 points from 9 games isn't anything special but it isn't anything to worry about considering we've played a lot of big teams.

Tottenham are considered a club in crisis and they sit in 7th place, 4 points ahead of us.
    Everton lost their last 4 games on the trot and managed a win against West Ham who appear to be fine, or were.
    Look at all the clubs. It's a game of swings and roundabouts for most.
    There's little consistency and 4 points separates us from 7th place.

Bottom 3 does not tell any real story under a new manager, after 9 games.

We're no more expected to go to Chelsea and come away with a win than most of the teams in the league, yet we gave a good account of ourselves when you look at it.

Bruce needs time and considering what he had to come into I'd say he deserves the time. If we had zero points at this stage then I'd be a bit panicky.
    We have 8 and we're expected to be relegated by some fans who've already given up and some who've apparently given up over the last 12 years and pretend it hurts.
    What a load of old cobblers.
    The biggest load of cobblers is your account "we gave a good account of ourselves"
    29% possession
    0 corners
    0 shots on target
    67% pass accuracy
    167 passes in the whole game
    A clueless fat faced cNt in charge ( applies to owner and coach)

We were lucky not to concede 5 .. Worrying thing is we are getting lucky yet still in the relegation zone. When the luck runs out ( dubravka gets injured or banned ) we are in proper sh|t street.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    The biggest load of cobblers is your account "we gave a good account of ourselves"
    29% possession
    0 corners
    0 shots on target
    67% pass accuracy
    167 passes in the whole game
    A clueless fat faced cNt in charge ( applies to owner and coach)

We were lucky not to concede 5 .. Worrying thing is we are getting lucky yet still in the relegation zone. When the luck runs out ( dubravka gets injured or banned ) we are in proper sh|t street.
    Here's something for you to ponder.
    Actually watch the game without siting there with your all go no stop tactical set up game time mindset and you'll get more out of the game.

As for when the luck runs out, you make your own luck whether it's on the front foot or the back foot.
    You feel free to live on your stats if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Here's something for you to ponder.
    Actually watch the game without siting there with your all go no stop tactical set up game time mindset and you'll get more out of the game.

As for when the luck runs out, you make your own luck whether it's on the front foot or the back foot.
    You feel free to live on your stats if you want to.
    I watched the game and saw desperate defending , no attack , no shots , no corners , So what I supposed to get " out of the game"?
    When our luck runs out and heads drop,we start shipping 3 or 4 a game .

At this scoring rate we will end up with about 20 goals for the season .
    Will that keep us up?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    I watched the game and saw desperate defending , no attack , no shots , no corners , So what I supposed to get " out of the game"?
    When our luck runs out and heads drop,we start shipping 3 or 4 a game .

At this scoring rate we will end up with about 20 goals for the season .
    Will that keep us up?

It’s definitely time for Bruce to smell the coffee and bench Almiron 19 starts no goals and no assists, that is half a season!!!

Yedlin is the worst defender on our books all he has is speed as he has no vision and couldn’t cross a ball to save his life.

I would start with Carroll and Gayle up front as Joelinton and Almiron won’t get 15 goals between them this season

There’s still time but the bookies are very rarely wrong and they have us down as relegation fodder.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)