+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday Programme?

Matchday Programme?

I have to admit I will miss the matchday programme, although it hasn't been the same since the demise of the Football League Review. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44396446

Mr Hardy has stated that sales are falling 15% year on year.

I've collected them for many years, Notts County and other programmes, but we now live in a 24-hour media culture where you've already read or heard most of your club's news before you see it in a programme, and the team news is more accurate on your phone. Just a sign of the times and a new, less paper-based generation I suppose.

Alan Hardy previously stated on twitter that Notts would look at producing a supplement instead for around £1.50 , which would be a good alternative. It now seems he is unsurprisingly going back on that statement.

I have been collecting them for many years, and it is always good to look through them now and again , as they are good souvenir's of my time supporting Notts.

I think the cheaper version of the programme like we have for the checkatrade games, would be a good way forward.
    Keep it to line-ups, a word from the manager, brief overview of the week, last match report & opponent information and charge £1.50.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    I have to admit I will miss the matchday programme, although it hasn't been the same since the demise of the Football League Review. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44396446

Mr Hardy has stated that sales are falling 15% year on year.
    Jeekay!!

The Football League Review....."jumpers for goalposts"... etc etc.

I absolutely loved it because colour photos in programmes were something of a novelty in the 70's. Clearing out a cupboard the other year, I found a mountain of them. The back cover usually featured a team photo of some team or other and the one I picked up was Workington. Holy siht, to think of us playing them in a league match NOSTALGIA !!

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    Jeekay!!

The Football League Review....."jumpers for goalposts"... etc etc.

I absolutely loved it because colour photos in programmes were something of a novelty in the 70's. Clearing out a cupboard the other year, I found a mountain of them. The back cover usually featured a team photo of some team or other and the one I picked up was Workington. Holy siht, to think of us playing them in a league match NOSTALGIA !!
    And Barrow, Southport and Bradford Park Avenue.
    What about the Rothman's Football Yearbook, used to full of info and trivia.
    Last edited by Jeekay56; 09-06-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ireallyhateforest View Post
    I think the cheaper version of the programme like we have for the checkatrade games, would be a good way forward.
    Keep it to line-ups, a word from the manager, brief overview of the week, last match report & opponent information and charge £1.50.
    I've never worked in the print trade, so I may be completely wrong but, a thinned down programme probably wouldn't be much cheaper to produce. If we make a loss at the current price, surely with less advertising space the loss could be greater.

And Barrow, Southport and Bradford Park Avenue.
    What about the Rothman's Football Yearbook, used to full of info and trivia.
    I gave about 5000 away a couple of years ago including a few cup final programmes and a few signed by some big names, e.g Beeckenbauer, Uwe Seeler and George best.

Passed my Booby Moore signed prog to my daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    I gave about 5000 away a couple of years ago including a few cup final programmes and a few signed by some big names, e.g Beeckenbauer
    Beeckenbauer, now there's a big name (go on laugh you bugger, you know you want to).

Did anyone else after the game, walk up into town and wait outside the Evening Post building to buy a Football Post to read on the bus home?

Did anyone else after the game, walk up into town and wait outside the Evening Post building to buy a Football Post to read on the bus home?
    Many, many times. Could this void be filled by the return of the Fanzine, I wonder?

A printed programme stays the same over the years. Online news are edited every few seconds, minutes, months or years and eventually websites change names, get taken over or disappear and content is lost or changed. There is a use for programmes but maybe they should have been capped at £1-2.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast