+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O'Connor turns down 2nd offer from Notts

O'Connor turns down 2nd offer from Notts

As above.
    Apparently he turned down 2 offers from notts and Lincoln have offered him a better deal so seems he’s off there.
    Source is ah at today’s footy tournament.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 09-06-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Big loss if he doesn’t sign, but we shouldn’t pay over the odds for any player. That’s got us into trouble in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Big loss if he doesn’t sign, but we shouldn’t pay over the odds for any player. That’s got us into trouble in the past.

Let him go, we'll find better. Decent player but is he THAT good?

A third offer would probably pay for someone better.

We did alright without him earlier in the season. Show him the door and move on. He will probably get injured again and won't play many matches for whoever he signs for.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We did alright without him earlier in the season. Show him the door and move on. He will probably get injured again and won't play many matches for whoever he signs for.
    Agree.

Agree with the last few posters.
    It surprises me though. Has he actually played 90mins since Notts helped him back to save his career?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Agree with the last few posters.
    It surprises me though. Has he actually played 90mins since Notts helped him back to save his career?
    I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

He's a good player, so it was right to offer him a new contract, and maybe even to up the offer a bit, but we're talking about someone who has turned 30 and is yet to prove whether he is the same player after his injury, or whether he has long-term durability. The chances are that he'll be okay, but I'm fully supportive of Alan Hardy drawing a line in the sand and not paying over the odds to keep him. O'Connor will already be one of our better-paid players, so if he thinks his career is better served going to Lincoln then let him, and use the money to invest in another, younger, quality player.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    He's a good player, so it was right to offer him a new contract, and maybe even to up the offer a bit, but we're talking about someone who has turned 30 and is yet to prove whether he is the same player after his injury, or whether he has long-term durability. The chances are that he'll be okay, but I'm fully supportive of Alan Hardy drawing a line in the sand and not paying over the odds to keep him. O'Connor will already be one of our better-paid players, so if he thinks his career is better served going to Lincoln then let him, and use the money to invest in another, younger, quality player.
    Methinks it’s already done, invested, that is, in the newer, fitter and younger players.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast