+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Programme?

Biggest problem for clubs in the lower leagues is its expensive when your print volumes are so low, I would imagine even Man Utd only probably have a print run of 15,000 if that.

The greatest concern for me is much further reaching in terms of it being another nail in the coffin of a once great industry that I have been involved in since leaving school 36 years ago. RIP Print

I had a modest collection of programmes before I started going to games and it was a huge deal for me picking one up for the first game I attended in person. I kept it by my bedside and would look through it regularly, as if it proved I'd finally been to a match and that I hadn't imagined it. There was always that extra bit of excitement at the first home game of a new season to see what the new design would look like and I got a real buzz buying programmes on away trips, I'd become quite anxious getting off the coach trying to find one, worrying they'd run out if we were a bit late, they were almost as important as the result to me.

Sad but inevitable that this day was going to come.

I used to love the landscape A5 programme from the late 70’s. Waiting behind the main stand for autographs, didn’t care if I had the same ones several times either as used to get the away team autographs as well for each programme.

Mum accidentally chucked them all during a house move, still not over that!

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I kept it by my bedside and would look through it regularly, as if it proved I'd finally been to a match and that I hadn't imagined it. There was always that extra bit of excitement at the first home game of a new season to see what the new design would look like and I got a real buzz buying programmes on away trips, I'd become quite anxious getting off the coach trying to find one, worrying they'd run out if we were a bit late, they were almost as important as the result to me.

Sad but inevitable that this day was going to come.
    I remember feeling the same, it was almost as if the programme was a souvenir. Then looking through them years later, try doing that with a podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Mum accidentally chucked them all during a house move, still not over that!
    Something always gets lost in a house move, for us it was Granddad, never did find out what happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    I remember feeling the same, it was almost as if the programme was a souvenir. Then looking through them years later, try doing that with a podcast.
    That is my point exactly , and I have a Nott's programme for every game I have attended over the year's Home and Away.

Quote Originally Posted by ireallyhateforest View Post
    That is my point exactly , and I have a Nott's programme for every game I have attended over the year's Home and Away.
    Have to say I'm a big fan of the printed word. I'm one of those strange people that still buy CDs, mostly they're ripped to my hard drive and are never played again. I like to have the cover art and the liner notes and the booklets, there's something very relaxing about listening to music and reading the cover notes/booklets.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Many, many times. Could this void be filled by the return of the Fanzine, I wonder?
    I used to prefer fanzines to programmes. Notts had some really good ones like The Pie and Thin Yellow Stripe

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Have to say I'm a big fan of the printed word. I'm one of those strange people that still buy CDs, mostly they're ripped to my hard drive and are never played again. I like to have the cover art and the liner notes and the booklets, there's something very relaxing about listening to music and reading the cover notes/booklets.
    Me too , although I very rarely buy music anymore.

I really do hope Nott's continue to offer match day programmes even if they are supplements of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by ireallyhateforest View Post
    Me too , although I very rarely buy music anymore.

I really do hope Nott's continue to offer match day programmes even if they are supplements of some sort.
    Why do you think Notts and years require apostrophes?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast