+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red TV (UK)...pros and cons?

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    Just got an email....RedTV International now going up to €17 per month (£13).

Im still gonna subscribe but thats a fair price increase in the space of 1 season.
    They are promising even more matches than before and some new things...so we shall see.

Someone is going to have to pay for the Shuttle Bus Arena......its strange* that DNA or and this price increase was never introduced before to help the so called costs of staying at Pittodrie.

*Not strange at all when Milne is involved.

Heard someone say that the DNA’rs abroad are going to be paying more for red tv this season than they were last season and thats with their discount

I hope it comes with a money back clause. I've jacked it, just not reliable. It was about 80 quid a year, quite a hike!

I think the email about the price rise would have been more palatable if it detailed the improvements they are planning, and why they will now be able to live stream more games.

I enjoy the service and will continue my subscription regardless. In percentage terms (40%) it's a pretty hefty sounding leap. But its only an extra £35 a year. The new annual cost is what I would drop getting to 2 games when I am home anyway. It's nae a huge amount considering how well used my account is. But I would feel short changed if I had joined AberDNA.

Quote Originally Posted by bpdon View Post
    I think the email about the price rise would have been more palatable if it detailed the improvements they are planning, and why they will now be able to live stream more games.

I enjoy the service and will continue my subscription regardless. In percentage terms (40%) it's a pretty hefty sounding leap. But its only an extra £35 a year. The new annual cost is what I would drop getting to 2 games when I am home anyway. It's nae a huge amount considering how well used my account is. But I would feel short changed if I had joined AberDNA.
    I was thinking of jacking it prior to the hike, due to my internet being utter shiite when i am out of the country. This has now confirmed it for me.
    No point in paying more money for something that doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Heard someone say that the DNA’rs abroad are going to be paying more for red tv this season than they were last season and thats with their discount
    Yes we are for sure...and not just that, but there is no payment options for international members, we have to pay the full €200 upfront if we want involved.

LAME

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    Yes we are for sure...and not just that, but there is no payment options for international members, we have to pay the full €200 upfront if we want involved.

LAME
    This will have been done to discourage the rampant VPN abuse by people who are actually located in the UK.

It’s the club that are telling fans they don’t deserve to be at games. They canny grumble if they stream them

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s the club that are telling fans they don’t deserve to be at games. They canny grumble if they stream them
    Agreed. But on the rare occasion I can't go to a game, I'll be streaming by means other than RedTV.

There are plenty of decent options which are not blocked, if you have a decent ISP.

Plus you usually don't have to listen to the RedTV commentary, which is technically and stylistically awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The more streamed matches the better. My criticism of our performances may go up a level with better evidence.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast