+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Anybody pissed off with....

O/T Anybody pissed off with....

...hayfever? Always had it but particularly bad at the moment and nowt much working.

Any cures out there or owt to ease it?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 03-07-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    ...hayfever? Always had it but particularly bad at the moment and nowt much working.

Any cures out there or owt to ease it?
    I don't suffer but Mrs G does. With her it seems to be the early season tree pollen. Currently grass pollen is high but that doesn't bother her.

She takes the off the shelf antihistamine tablets. The active ingredient in them is one of two types, read the label, try both to see which one works best for you.

If you have a garden keep the grass short and don't grow the golden rod plant which is notorious for allergy sufferers.

Don’t line dry your clothes. The wind covers them in pollen before you wear them.

Thanks for the tips Guys. I find the tablets and sprays work most of the time but when pollen levels are really high nowt much will work. Fortunately, I only get it bad in July by August it will have settled down again. Think your right about different pollens and thats tthe problem it aint easy to know which one is causing the problem. I'm sure mine is grass pollen but which one then I could avoid the bugger!

And yet, Scum, you can't win because they say you should wash your clothes more often to get shut of the pollen!

I’ve never had it but know of loads who have and they have been struggling this time.

Honey is suppose to be good, probably best to google that to see how it’s used

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Don’t line dry your clothes. The wind covers them in pollen before you wear them.
    That's the first time I've heard of that. Now I have an excuse to wear them for longer even though I don't suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I’ve never had it but know of loads who have and they have been struggling this time.

Honey is suppose to be good, probably best to google that to see how it’s used
    The theory is that local honey will help build up an immunity to the pollen around you.
    Not sure how scientific it is.

Yes I have heard the local honey theory.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yes I have heard the local honey theory.
    Like anything else though it probably only works for certain people

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Like anything else though it probably only works for certain people
    To be fair, I don’t think it works for anyone. It’s a bit of a myth. Probably started by beekeepers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast