+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Wold rugby investigate Ref after picture with Welsh fans....

O/T Wold rugby investigate Ref after picture with Welsh fans....

The Fogs will try anything to get this overturned. It is purely light hearted banter with a group of Welsh fans and does not suggest he helped Wales overcome the frogs. It was their player's fault for elbowing his opponent that got him the red card and not the actions of the Ref to help the Welsh overcome the French.....jeez.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50121693

Crash, what do you think?

I have to disagree Brin
    The French management have clearly stated that they agree that the red card was warranted.
    They are not happy with some of the ref's decisions (who is ever totally happy?) but have they said anything about getting the result overturned?
    If the Millers had a player sent off and a picture was published showing the ref having a laugh about it with the opposition fans would you be happy with that? This board would go into meltdown and the club would obviously complain

That's a bit daft by the referee and why give anyone the chance to criticise you
    He shouldn't have been in a bar where there were Welsh fans and he shouldn't have posed like that.

Wrinks, the point I'm making is it is sour grapes from the French after a convincing win by Wales. What the ref does after the game is irrelevant. Okay, it may look in poor taste but why have him investigated, the game's over?

Maybe a word in his ear to say,'Be careful how you portray yourself in public etc' but to investigate him? Pffff.

Wales looked to be on their way out.
    The elbow incident was idiotic with 5 million cameras about.
    That is what lost France the game.

World Rugby has opened the investigation so why blame the French.

I've been at Clifton Lane several times when the ref has had drink in the bar with the fans after the game - it's a rugby union tradition in England. Might not have been a good idea to do that in the World Cup though. The ref had no option but to send the French player off for elbowing. The incident was clearly seen by the TMO camera, and on tv by millions of fans around the world.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 21-10-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Sour grapes but no I wouldn’t be happy with the pic where the ref is taking the piss with his elbow

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Wrinks, the point I'm making is it is sour grapes from the French after a convincing win by Wales. What the ref does after the game is irrelevant. Okay, it may look in poor taste but why have him investigated, the game's over?

Maybe a word in his ear to say,'Be careful how you portray yourself in public etc' but to investigate him? Pffff.
    Convincing win? 20-19 courtesy of a try in the last 6 minutes.
    The investigation is to establish the facts.
    Posing for such a picture is such unbelievably bad judgement that the question needs to be asked as to whether or not the picture is genuine.
    I'll ask you again mate.
    We have a player sent off, quite legitimately, after a second yellow, for diving, against Wednesday.
    Down to 10 men we lose the game.
    A photo appears of the ref having a good old laugh, with a gang of Wednesday fans, in the pub. They are all in a "diving" pose. Would you be happy?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    That's a bit daft by the referee and why give anyone the chance to criticise you
    He shouldn't have been in a bar where there were Welsh fans and he shouldn't have posed like that.
    The social side of the sport after the game is an integral part of rugby. It will be a very sad day for the game if it changes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast