+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Darren Moore

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    The interesting thing is, you've mentioned Stoke and Bolton away a couple of times, we won both of those games fairly comfortably..I can't see how you can have a pop at Moore for either game.

Also, I believe the majority of fans are in favour of Moore from my experiences at the matches. But let's say there was a majority who wanted him to go before the end of the season, who out there is there to replace him who would do any better? I can't think of anyone.

And the reaction to every negative result is so knee-jerk on here. After we won comfortably against Stoke this board was quiet as anything. When we have an adverse result the knives are back out again.

His overall record as a manager is first class;

Played 43
    Won 21
    Drew 12
    Lost 10

That's a win % of 48%, in less than 1 year of management is a brilliant return.

Let's compare with notable others who have been in the game for a bit longer;

Dean Smith
    Played 424
    win % = 34

Nigel Pearson
    Played 475
    Win % = 41

Steve Bruce
    Played 889
    Win % = 38

Nathan Jones
    Played 179
    Win % = 49

Daniel Farke
    Played 145
    Win % = 46

Chris Wilder
    Played 844
    Win % = 44

Marcelo Bielsa
    Played 601
    Win % = 44

Rafa Benitez
    Played 1098
    Win % = 49

Sir Alex Ferguson
    Played 2155
    Win % = 58
    Just flat numbers is not the way to look at it surely it depends on the circumstances that each manager has entered into.

I get the individual mistakes thing. But Dawson cannot pass a football. He's had years and years of practice and he still can't do it. He's as poor of a passer that you are likely to see. So..... Why are they asking him to pass the ball out from the back?

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    I get the individual mistakes thing. But Dawson cannot pass a football. He's had years and years of practice and he still can't do it. He's as poor of a passer that you are likely to see. So..... Why are they asking him to pass the ball out from the back?
    Spot on! Likewise a team can only play three at the back if they have good enough players to do it! Perhaps Brunty will now have a come back as a winger with Gayle out!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    If there was ever another game that showed me Darren Moore is not the right person it was tonight! I have said we have a better squad than Norwich and Leeds but their managers are tactically better than Moore.

Tonight Forest had a game plan - they were organized and they moved the ball around quickly. We had no game plan - we were shocking - we could not pass the ball and were tactically inept! Was Livermore and Murphy on the pitch as they were that bad!

Yes Moore is a nice guy, but do we not learn anything on the training ground - how many times have we conceded shocking goals from shocking back passes? Three - four? What has Moore done to address this?

When Forest could not be broken down - what has Moore done to address this? Not the first time this has happened!

Forest must feel robbed as it was a blatant dive by Gayle and they should have had a penalty when Gibbs nearly took the players shirt off!

Every match - it's the same mistakes - no plan B, and can't see us getting automatic whatsoever!

Please please put Murphy and Livermore on the subs bench against the Vile. Dawson and Tosser were not much better and don't see what Jay Rod brings to the party either. To think we could have got 10 million for Dawson...........

Shocking display, and don't keep blaming the players as basic mistakes should be squashed on the training pitch as well as tactically changing the game plan from A to B. Then again, Martin O'Neil is very clued up but Moore isn't!

Please don't tell me he's still learning FFS!

PS - Another two points wasted ( should have been three ) and how many get out of jail cards does he need!!! The only positive was Harper who yet again, was man of the match in my eyes and he's 18!!!
    What was the name of Jethro Tull's 5th studio album?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    What was the name of Jethro Tull's 5th studio album?

Thick as a Brick?

That's your opinion Boingy, but it's not my opinion or that of many others who paid good money and traveled for hours on Tuesday to see utter rubbish - same mistakes time and time again, and no plan B. I hope the home form of late which is relegation, starts to change. Nobody has any idea why Big Dave plays Gayle on the wing, and prefers Livermore for Field, and still can't get these simple suicidal back passes right.

What next - Harper dropped again for Saturday? Murphy in again? Chrissy Brunt in place of Gayle ( if suspended ) on the wing!

I hope things get better as quite simply - we must go up! Next 3 games are crucial so if we twist at some point - lets pray it's still when we have a chance of going up.

Vile and QPR are there for the taking! Will we get at least 4 points which is the minimum of what we need to catch Leeds/Norwich?

Not confident - are you?
    I'm fairly confident Baggieal, but maybe more realistic. You say we HAVE to go up, which is what we all want of course, but is it a divine right?....Stoke must be thinking the same and yet they are a shambles. We have a new manager getting us to play a new way and for the first season I would have to conclude that Darren has done amazingly!...we should all be proud, however there are no guarantees in football. If we don't go up first time maybe we were just expecting too much. If we do go up great!

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I'm fairly confident Baggieal, but maybe more realistic. You say we HAVE to go up, which is what we all want of course, but is it a divine right?....Stoke must be thinking the same and yet they are a shambles. We have a new manager getting us to play a new way and for the first season I would have to conclude that Darren has done amazingly!...we should all be proud, however there are no guarantees in football. If we don't go up first time maybe we were just expecting too much. If we do go up great!

Morning Boingy! You say Darren has done amazingly - come on Barry Fry with our squad would get us in the top six! Some of the decisions/performances have been awful. There are many on the board who love Big Dave, but say he's not the man to get us promotion. Whilst in the stadium, nobody has really turned on Moore, there are many not convinced and not happy. If you are - then good for you, and that's your opinion.

"No there is no divine right for promotion".
    Even Leeds and Norwich supporters would admit there's more quality in the West Brom side than their own. Both sides though have tactically better managers hence their positions. Both sides have consistently played well. Have we? Don't get me started on all those matches where we have been awful. Barnes was a huge loss and if Livermore plays on Saturday instead of the in form Harper, then Big Dave is stupid. Almost as stupid for playing Gayle on the wing FFS.

I don't mind losing but playing crap, and seeing players out of position plus seeing the same pathetic goals conceded week in week out, is losing the will to go to matches, with hours of travel and huge expense. Whicka made a good point - playing from the back for good football is great if you have the right players. Evidently, we don't!

Morning Boingy! You say Darren has done amazingly - come on Barry Fry with our squad would get us in the top six! Some of the decisions/performances have been awful. There are many on the board who love Big Dave, but say he's not the man to get us promotion. Whilst in the stadium, nobody has really turned on Moore, there are many not convinced and not happy. If you are - then good for you, and that's your opinion.

"No there is no divine right for promotion".
    Even Leeds and Norwich supporters would admit there's more quality in the West Brom side than their own. Both sides though have tactically better managers hence their positions. Both sides have consistently played well. Have we? Don't get me started on all those matches where we have been awful. Barnes was a huge loss and if Livermore plays on Saturday instead of the in form Harper, then Big Dave is stupid. Almost as stupid for playing Gayle on the wing FFS.

I don't mind losing but playing crap, and seeing players out of position plus seeing the same pathetic goals conceded week in week out, is losing the will to go to matches, with hours of travel and huge expense. Whicka made a good point - playing from the back for good football is great if you have the right players. Evidently, we don't!
    If you look at Man Utd under Jose they did the opposite. He tried to get attacking players to park the bus. Step forward OGS and they attack with an large upturn in results.
    Horses for courses or donkeys as far as Bartley is concerned.
    We have had work ethic being the prime recruitment policy for over three years. Players bought to play a certain way with little emphasis on quality.
    Barnes or Gayle would have never got in a Pulis team.
    Respect to BD for changing the mindset and his philosophy towards the playing style and club are superb. But it's a bit like trying to get Chris Tavare to bat like Ian Botham with certain individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    If you look at Man Utd under Jose they did the opposite. He tried to get attacking players to park the bus. Step forward OGS and they attack with an large upturn in results.
    Horses for courses or donkeys as far as Bartley is concerned.
    We have had work ethic being the prime recruitment policy for over three years. Players bought to play a certain way with little emphasis on quality.
    Barnes or Gayle would have never got in a Pulis team.
    Respect to BD for changing the mindset and his philosophy towards the playing style and club are superb. But it's a bit like trying to get Chris Tavare to bat like Ian Botham with certain individuals.
    You have hit the nail firmly on the head!

My view is that we should set up as a 4-4-2

Keeper

Holgate
    Hegazi
    Dawson
    Gibbs

Phillips
    Harper
    Barry or Field
    Brunt or Montero

J Rod
    Gayle

I’m not fixated on personnel though.

We need one defender who can step up 10-20 yards and carry the ball at times.

We also need J Rod and Gayle between the width of the goalposts and not out wide most of the time with J Rod dropping into the number ten roll behind Gayle if necessary.

4-3-3 with present personnel with J Rod and Gayle wide is a nonsense.
    Coaches try to make a simple game difficult,4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 is by far the most stable way to operate in a team lacking legs and ball carriers at the back and in midfield.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)