Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
Strange one tonight.

I don’t think we actually played that badly overall, but I did question quite early on the energy of Swift, Yokuslu and Rogic in the central areas. Technically these players have great ability in tight areas but in terms of covering ground quickly to close down they fall short, particularly compared with an impressively energetic opponent like Coventry City.

Wallace only really came to life when Dike came on, up to this point his usual driving runs had been negated by keeping half an eye on Coventry’s speedy attackers, there was an uplift at this point which had me believing fortunes would change in our favour but to be fair Coventry made good subs themselves and continued to look lively.

Coventry are clearly no mugs and tonight we’ve had our first serious test for some time, especially under CC. Hats off to the Sky Blues, they could have buried us by half time, again Palmer was excellent and kept out their best one on one. Maybe the gaffer will have food for thought going into the window and see that not everything in the garden is rosy? For me the full backs may need some competition.

Thomas Asante had a mixed night, hot and cold, difficult to criticise the lad but he can’t hold off a defender like Dike can, his touch is quite good and his best bet seems to try and turn away, he wriggles out of tight situations but it’s 50/50 whether he can break clear of his defender whilst retaining possession. My only criticism of him tonight would be his positioning, at times he gets drawn to the ball too much and needs to remain more between the posts.

Shame to see such a great following so quiet, like the team on the field we couldn’t quite get going, probably reflective of the performance.

Nice tribute to Terry Hall on the screens at half time.
In regards to Dike Minn, if Carlos believes he’s the best option ( which I believe he is ) then he’s got to be first choice when fit and Asante needs to be the impact sub.

I feel we have it the wrong way around at the moment.

Dike plays “between the sticks” to coin your phrase, this is what we need, not an additional player playing a “ten” type of role, no team needs two tens.