+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Match Off!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Can you start a Forest match thread instead Swale ?
    Cardiff 6 Forest 0 would be nice.
    Funnily enough, because I'm not particularly confident about Notts at the moment I went online to put a 'doomsday scenario' double on a Fylde and Forest win to try and numb the pain a bit if it happened. When I looked at the odds, I was amazed to see that Fylde were actually favourites to beat us. They are adrift in the relegation places and us in the playoffs, so when I saw Notts at 19/10 to win it looked excellent value so I backed us to win in the end. All I ended up with was my stake money returned.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Neal Ardley's not helping himself at the moment.

I wasn't too impressed with his comments post-Hartlepool, apparently claiming that the defeat was some sort of vindication against those who claim we're the best team in the division. The league table tells us we're not, but it's very odd for a manager to actively talk his team down. It suggests he's thinking more about covering his own backside than convincing his players that they CAN be the best. It was around this time in the 2009/10 Munto season that Steve Cotterill told his squad a play-off place in League Two was beneath them and that they should aim to win the title. And look what happened.
    We've bought our tickets and I fully expect a Notts win on Saturday, pity Ardley doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    According to the Radio Nottm interview with Ardley, it’s a sandy area of the pitch that was a bit “mushy”. Ref consulted with all concerned and Cox agreed that the area was dangerous. It had fcuk all to do with rain this afternoon... and grass isn’t miraculously going to grow in this area over the next few weeks/months.

They knew all this yesterday... it should have been called off yesterday. Perhaps Cox would like to reimburse the poor buggers who took time off work band spent a bloody fortune twice going to a schithole like Fylde and their schit pitch.

Fcuking hate this rank amateur league, it’s rank amateur officials and rank amateur organisation.
    I’m sure many Notts fans share your anger and frustration. A late cancellation of a game is bad enough, but twice and the same club as well is a farce.It’s not like Fylde is a short trip up the road either.

I don’t get why it required our team, management and fans to get up to Fylde for it to then be called off. Couldn’t the Fylde players and manager looked at it this morning or this afternoon at regular intervals if it was raining? They could have set a final deadline for 3pm. That’s obviously too sensible and logical.

It’s an absolute disgrace and shows a complete and utter contempt for the travelling fans and this club. Notts should make a complaint to the National League on behalf of the supporters whom have now traveled up to Fylde twice and on both occasions the game has been called off after people would have set off. I feel for those that travelled I really do. It should be free entry for all Notts fans when this game does actually get played as a goodwill gesture.

Now it’s almost certain we will drop out of the playoffs by the time we play Barrow and it’s a game in hand.

What a complete and utter shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Neal Ardley's not helping himself at the moment.

I wasn't too impressed with his comments post-Hartlepool, apparently claiming that the defeat was some sort of vindication against those who claim we're the best team in the division. The league table tells us we're not, but it's very odd for a manager to actively talk his team down. It suggests he's thinking more about covering his own backside than convincing his players that they CAN be the best. It was around this time in the 2009/10 Munto season that Steve Cotterill told his squad a play-off place in League Two was beneath them and that they should aim to win the title. And look what happened.
    Yes I remember comments about the first thing Cotteril did when he came in was tell the players they were going to win the league or something along those lines. Let’s hope similar is being said behind closed doors.

Maybe this talking us down to the media is just a tactic to take the pressure off the players as we are now at the business end of the season.

Last season in our relegation battle the aim was to “keep in the mix” and take it to the last game which we did. If that ends up being the case this season as fate would have it we play Yeovil at home. So by then could it be us or them for that last playoff place? That wouldn’t be a game for the feint hearted.

The only silver lining to all this is that it gives our injured defenders extra time to recover.

They’re gonna need it for all the matches we’ve got to fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The only silver lining to all this is that it gives our injured defenders extra time to recover.

They’re gonna need it for all the matches we’ve got to fit in.
    ..........and Slocombe, I've seen enough of McDodgy already.

I went......AGAIN!!! HAHAHA.

I really just saw the funny side this time and it just made me think, the sooner we're out of this shyte league, the better.

There was a few Notts fans saying that Ardley tried to bounce the ball on the pitch at around 5.30pm and it wouldn't bounce so he was the instigator???

Make of that what you will. At least it's only 1h20 each way for me. Feel for the fan who said he'd come up from Cardiff....Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Last season in our relegation battle the aim was to “keep in the mix” and take it to the last game which we did. If that ends up being the case this season as fate would have it we play Yeovil at home. So by then could it be us or them for that last playoff place? That wouldn’t be a game for the feint hearted.
    Nor would it be one for any dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    There was a few Notts fans saying that Ardley tried to bounce the ball on the pitch at around 5.30pm and it wouldn't bounce so he was the instigator???
    I just knew it would be his fault.

Ardley out!

We should be looking for that fabled new manager bounce.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast