+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Social Media

United Pus Jotter page says Fraser is away. On his game he was excellent and hope he goes on to be the player he always promised to be.

I feel sorry for Robson, his friends and family who have had to see all the stuff over social media. At the end of the day he’s a young lad, making a living. He’s done stupid things off the park and he had a very poor season last year. A good player would use this to prove everybody wrong and a competent manger would highlight this to him. Big test of Robsons character and Csaba’s management skills now.

Not too entralled at Robson staying thought shabba would have done better but aint going to go ott.

Maybe the fact that fraser left with a very nice thank you to club. An arab and he never mentioned the fans but the club and managers etc.

Says a lot. Sad and not sure if he meant it. We do expect too much from younger kids.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    For Souttar it was that he apparently tried to play too much.

For Fraser it was that he apparently played too much with his hair.

With Robson it's that he apparently thinks he's brilliant.

It now seems that if you're an academy graduate you are to be targeted more and more.

Young lads FFS. Some of the relentless pressure put on ****agers at our club is put of this world.
    Angry manchildren abusing young men trying to get on with their carers. It's pathetic really.

It's a really weird side of humanity that's only been allowed to be shown through the rise of technology and, particularly it seems, social media. Things get said that would never be used in a face to face context. This is compounded by the fact statements linger for all to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    Angry manchildren abusing young men trying to get on with their carers. It's pathetic really.
    I know its a serious subject....... but I had to laugh at the wee spelling mistake. Dont know if its the angry manchildren or the abused young men that need carers.

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    A constant theme in our society now, no just in the fitba world.

A platform for the insignificant and unstable, nasty and angry to spout bile.

Will never change now unless there is more enforcement. Nae chance.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It's a really weird side of humanity that's only been allowed to be shown through the rise of technology and, particularly it seems, social media. Things get said that would never be used in a face to face context. This is compounded by the fact statements linger for all to see.
    Spot on!

Been wrong before (aye) but when I first joined United Mad I really don't remember the number of different players getting the amount of abuse they get on here. CCFS springs to mind maybe but I don't remember too many getting the kind of criticism they seem to get now.
    Maybe we had better players but I don't think it's just that tbh.
    When young players especially go onto sites like this and read that stuff it's not going to strengthen the bond between players and the fans on the terraces.
    But people have a right to slag off players on sites like this, sure they do so i suppose its here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    I know its a serious subject....... but I had to laugh at the wee spelling mistake. Dont know if its the angry manchildren or the abused young men that need carers.
    Ha...woops. probably still works

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)