+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Team/Tactics for Sunday v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    No parking the bus, positive play and attitude, have a go and don't slump the shoulders and collapse when we're up against it.
    I don't think that's ever too much to ask of a United team.
    Totally agree. Despite my gloomy posts it's up to the manager to send the players out with fire in their bellies and a never say die attitude. It's also up to the players to give something back to this manager. It's a chance to put the league troubles to one side and just have a right go. He absolutely has to go 442 imo. No point in a replay. Do or die there please.

Quote Originally Posted by BrottyArab View Post
    Mehmet
    Robson
    Durnan
    Scobbie
    Murdoch
    Flood
    Gillespie
    King
    Stanton
    Lyng
    Mikkelsen
    Only difference from that team for me would be Slater in for Flood. Give them a game together at least to see if they can build a partnership.

Like every United match, we should be going from it from the first moment on the park. We all know GMS, do what others have done and 'disable' him early and his stomach will stay in the changing room. Let him play and he can have fun..

Have a serious go and you never know an early goal may send a little panic to the Dons, but its important to keep high up the park, sitting in definitely will result in 5,6,7 as we simply cannot defend against strength.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Like every United match, we should be going from it from the first moment on the park. We all know GMS, do what others have done and 'disable' him early and his stomach will stay in the changing room. Let him play and he can have fun..

Have a serious go and you never know an early goal may send a little panic to the Dons, but its important to keep high up the park, sitting in definitely will result in 5,6,7 as we simply cannot defend against strength.
    'Keeping high up the park' needs to be defined. Do you mean the 2nd Third, or the virgin territory beyond?

There is only one way to stop Aberdeen winning, that is for me to bet £20 that Aberdeen will win.
    Sorted!

High intensity, in their faces.

Two banks of four with midfield and forwards relentlessly pressing the opposition.

We can't afford to allow Aberdeen to take control of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    High intensity, in their faces.

Two banks of four with midfield and forwards relentlessly pressing the opposition.

We can't afford to allow Aberdeen to take control of the ball.
    Or 4231 with most players out of natural position?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    There is only one way to stop Aberdeen winning, that is for me to bet £20 that Aberdeen will win.
    Sorted!

haha �� tbh i would take a small battling defeat as a plus point. Jesus how much faith have we lost in this team? never in my life would i have lost hope that we could go an d battle like Frank has stated. Might put £20 on myself as i never win a bet

We don't play with high intensity and I can't remember the last time "we got in anyone's faces".

I just can't wait for Sunday to be over. An utter humiliation is extremely possible.

Aberdeen -3 is printing money IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    Or 4231 with most players out of natural position?
    ^^^^this all day long for me. This formation has a proven track record, the stats don’t lie. The past four managers have favoured this set up so clearly, The Largs Way must be the way to go

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)