+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christian Doidge

Forest?

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Forest?
    Is there a clause in his contract that says he can only sign for clubs that have a reference to trees? 😊

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Not unless they sell Marquis and Doidge is the replacement I guess .
    Give me Doidge any day of the week over Marquis

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Give me Doidge any day of the week over Marquis
    Yeah at least he can hit a pen

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Yeah at least he can hit a pen
    So can Smithy - one of the few positives from the last game of the season. Are we really going to sign a player who has scored against us (which just about any player in the Championship would be able to do), but nobody else ?
    I know that we are talking about a division below that level now, but for £1 million , I'm not entirely convinced. It's almost certain that we would not spend anywhere near that much anyway.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 20-05-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Shall we, err..mmm its a gamble...hold it..err..
    Oh he's gone..well we tried but just couldnt get it over the line..
    There'll be 3 signings imminent soon..
    Well maybe..
    Well at least hopefully..
    We'll see..

Quote Originally Posted by roscoemiller View Post
    Just followed him up the M1 in his black and yellow Stag with his personal plate, got off at Worksop turnoff, maybe house hunting ???.

I cant say I was over impressed with his performance in play offs but he can score in league 2... Thoughts???
    Weve probably been outbid by worksop town then.. 😄

Wasn't impressed with Doidge in the play offs but was impressed with his finish against us at NYS for Bolton. Was much less impressed by Marquis in play offs, his ball control was awful, and yet we had big smithy holding the ball up for us with one or two big centre halves clambering all over him.

I'd have him here but not for anywhere near £1m. We sold Adam Le Fondre, a near 30 goals a season striker at the time, for £350k because he only had a year left on his contract. I think £350k would be a fair price for Doige under these circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Wasn't impressed with Doidge in the play offs but was impressed with his finish against us at NYS for Bolton. Was much less impressed by Marquis in play offs, his ball control was awful, and yet we had big smithy holding the ball up for us with one or two big centre halves clambering all over him.
    Marquis?

Don’t think I would want a player that looks like he should be selling pegs and lucky white heather.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast